You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Icarus feature requests  (Read 131659 times)

Burkuagh

Re: Icarus feature requests
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2016, 11:29:47 AM »
Show all active and inactive indicators on main page.  Having only the ability to see if the currently selected tab is turned on or off is very cumbersome.

It would really helpful to be able to see the on\off switches for all 3 OSCs displayed at the same time as well as the ability to turn on\off an OSC without switching to its tab.  Same for filters, LFOs, etc...

AnalogSignal

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2016, 06:58:20 AM »
Nice synth! It sounds great. Thank you for making it iLok compatible.   :)

[BUGS/ISSUES]

* The mousewheel cannot change the waveform of oscillator 2 at all.

* In StudioOne2 Win 64, the mousewheel frequently loses focus and stops working. I know you say this is an issue with the host but Tone2 plugins are the only ones I have this problem with.

[FEATURE REQUESTS]

* The selected oscillator or filter should be brighter, not black.

* Tool - Copy an oscillator from one patch to another patch.

* Tool - Copy current effect to effect slot 1 or 2 or 3.

* Promote "quick save patch" to a button next to "File" so it is a one click operation.

* More stages in the envelopes.

* The ability to edit envelopes by dragging on their shape.

* Some way to see two oscillators at once.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2016, 08:48:55 AM »
Hello AnalogSignal,

thanks for the nice words  :)

[BUGS/ISSUES]

* The mousewheel cannot change the waveform of oscillator 2 at all.

* In StudioOne2 Win 64, the mousewheel frequently loses focus and stops working. I know you say this is an issue with the host but Tone2 plugins are the only ones I have this problem with.

1) I will check this out

2) In an earlier beta we had a more aggresive mouse focus. This caused problems with Fruity Loops. The current solution works in all other known hosts. If you still loose mouse focus (=no mousewheel) please refer to Presonus for a fix. In their Windows version they must give the mouse focus to the window (SetFocus( hwnd)) which is currently used, before they they send a WM_MOUSEWHEEL message.

[FEATURE REQUESTS]

* The selected oscillator or filter should be brighter, not black.

* Tool - Copy an oscillator from one patch to another patch.

* Tool - Copy current effect to effect slot 1 or 2 or 3.

* Promote "quick save patch" to a button next to "File" so it is a one click operation.

* More stages in the envelopes.

* The ability to edit envelopes by dragging on their shape.

* Some way to see two oscillators at once.

* Will be changed in the next version

* Maybe later

* Will be included to the next version

* Will not be included, since it will result in many accidently destroyed patches

* Maybe later

* Maybe later

* There is not enough space on the GUI for this

Markus
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 08:55:09 AM by Markus Krause »

AnalogSignal

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2016, 04:16:49 AM »
Thanks for the detailed response. I am glad many of these requests will be implemented.  ;D

please refer to Presonus for a fix. In their Windows version they must give the mouse focus to the window (SetFocus( hwnd)) which is currently used, before they they send a WM_MOUSEWHEEL message.

I submitted a ticket to Presonus. Given the amount of requests they get, I am not expecting a quick solution. Would it be possible for Icarus to respond to a Mousewheel.cfg file like the other plugins do? I am hoping for some kind of workaround. I have repetitive strain injury (RSI) and using the mousewheel is much easier on my fingers.

* There is not enough space on the GUI for this

Melda plugins have collapsible sections of their plugins. It would be great to hide the arp or effects section and have more room for the other sections. It's probably too late for Icarus but more configurability of the GUI would be nice in future synths.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2016, 01:47:03 PM »
Yes. This hidden feature is supported again. If you place a file called IcarusMouse.cfg to the plugin directory, the plugin will use an aggressive mouse focus.

AnalogSignal

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2016, 05:36:12 AM »
Yes. This hidden feature is supported again. If you place a file called IcarusMouse.cfg to the plugin directory, the plugin will use an aggressive mouse focus.

Thanks. Good to know it's an option.

Brian Meisner of Presonus wrote in response to my ticket:

"Our official stance on plug-ins inside of Studio One is that it is up to the developer of the plug-in manufacturer to maintain compatibility with Studio One. If they need to contact our development team, they can. You can send them this link:

http://www.presonussoftware.com/en_US/index.php"

He also offered the usual suggestions. Following their suggestions, I did upgrade StudioOne to the most recent version from June and it seems like the mousewheel is losing focus less frequently.  :) Previously I was using a version that was a few months older but was reluctant to upgrade since I am in the middle of a project.

I won't really know for sure if it's improved until I spend hours doing sound design over the weekend. I'll post my findings here soon.

One strange thing -- now oscillator one and two both do not respond to mousewheel at all for some reason. Previously it was only oscillator two.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2016, 11:06:08 AM »
For technical reasons (multithreading & cpu load) you should use the up/down arrows and not the wheel to select a wavetable. I already have taken care of it. The wheel will be deativated here for the next version.

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2016, 01:43:35 PM »
1 awesome addition would be to add the morph type selection to the matrix. It is possible to use the daw to send midi to change the type, but to able to use the native lfo's and what not, would be awesome!
Warlock_Icarus_Gladiator2/3_RayBlaster2_Nemesis_Saurus2_Electra2(x)_BiFilter2_Filterbank3_Warmverb

-exm-

AnalogSignal

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2016, 05:45:33 AM »
The mousewheel focus issue is better with the latest version of StudioOne. It seems to only stop working when I click somewhere outside of Icarus. I think I can live with this.

One more feature request. I would like to route all 3 effects in Parallel. Thanks.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2016, 02:37:57 PM »
"I would wish for two more Reverb modes: gated, with adjustable gate time and reverse, with adjustable time as well."

Yul Yolo

• Sound Designer
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2016, 03:44:59 PM »
a wish: in the wt editor, some tools for the spectrum mode, a zoom/ for the high freq and a selection tool for edit would be great.
cheers

Yul Yolo

• Sound Designer
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2016, 09:06:56 AM »
in the matrix: a dry/wet for the filters

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2016, 10:56:48 AM »
Graphical representation of the hypersaw detune: Vertical bars

kim krause

« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2016, 03:28:10 PM »
the one thing that i can think of would be a way to increase the size of interface, especially on 5k retina iMacs...it gets a bit small fiddling with the knobs and zooming it in a bit wouldn't hurt...
i was sitting on the fence between icarus and another virtual synth and at the last minute i figured icarus has a bit of an edge as far as the quality of the sounds...cant wait for the final release....hopefully with less emphasis on the techno/ dance side and more of the atmospheric and esoteric textures it can create...

IngoWeidner

• Internal
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2016, 07:51:36 PM »
In Icarus with SHIFT and left click you reset the parametr to the default value.

Like someone found at KVR and i could confoirm this this always seems to reset to the middle position of teh knob. This is OK for the bipolar knobs but not really for the others.
EXamples where this is not OK are e.g. the envelope paramerers, Morph knob, Resonace knob, Osc Phase, Wave selection knob and several more where the center should not be the default value.

Would be nice if for the reset the values from teh Init patch could be used.

Ingo
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 10:20:43 AM by Markus Krause »
Windows 10 64-bit - Intel Core i5-3350P (4x3.10 GHz) - 8 GB DDR3 RAM - Focusrite Saffire 24 Pro DSP - AMD Radeon HD 8570 - Cubase Pro 8.5.20 & Pro 9.0.1 - Live 9.7.1 - Studio One 3.3, Bitwig Studio 1.3.15, Pro Tools 12.5.2