You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Gladiator feature requests  (Read 46172 times)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Gladiator feature requests
« on: November 10, 2009, 05:14:20 PM »
This is the right place to post feature requests for Gladiator.

Please keep in mind that there are also techncial restrictions and we can not fullfill everyone's needs.

andyscott

• Email
Re: Gladiator feature requests
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 08:48:32 PM »
Over 60 views but no answer on the other forum so I'll try here! :-)

Can I please be able to resize the GUI so the whole thing shows up on a 13" Macbook running Logic. Meantime it's too big and the bottom is outta sight, man.

xybre

• Negutyv Xeiro
    • Negutyv Xeiro Music
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 10:54:48 PM »
Can I please be able to resize the GUI so the whole thing shows up on a 13" Macbook running Logic. Meantime it's too big and the bottom is outta sight, man.

Yeah, it sticks out a little on my laptop too (which is my main DAW and more powerful than most people's desktops lol).
Hard to say what would be the best route here :/ But some way of managing the space would be great. I know most modern screens are wider than they are tall, maybe there could be a "wide" skin?

grymmjack

• designermonkey | soundgasm
    • designermonkey
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 06:28:55 AM »
monophonic legato :)

noscene

• :noscene
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 08:08:40 AM »
Pls, have same problem - no TranceGate @MacBook ;-/

zvenx

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 03:39:27 PM »
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

Nielzie

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 03:56:33 PM »

I have the same problem on my laptop and the same feature request  :)

zvenx

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 04:02:59 PM »
A much better way of displaying third party presets including the ability to create our own categories/subfolders....and also the ability to have the third party glb's appear permanently whenever I load G2.

rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

re_mute

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 04:21:18 PM »
A much better way of displaying third party presets including the ability to create our own categories/subfolders....and also the ability to have the third party glb's appear permanently whenever I load G2.rsp

Both the browser and GUI issues need addressing. There's a reason Native Instruments and Spectrasonics are "top" in the softsynth field and a big reason is they've got the "whole package"  - not just great sounds but a comprehensive way to browse them and, in the case of NI, resizable GUIs. (Kore/Kontakt)

As Gladiator gets an increasing number of presets it's also increasing frustrating and time-wasting trying to find the sound you want and it's only going to get worse. Ditto the disparity between ie 13 inch laptops and 28 inch home DAW monitors is only going to increase.

I can't understand why anyone would release a new synth nowerdays without having those two fundamental issues addressed - certainly not if they expect to become one of the top softsynth companies.

synthman88

• Email
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 03:39:45 PM »
A much better way of displaying third party presets including the ability to create our own categories/subfolders....and also the ability to have the third party glb's appear permanently whenever I load G2.

rsp

Yes I would also like this very much. It would also be nice if each preset had a tag like "pad" or "lead" etc. This would need to be combined with a search windows so that you could search for all pads among both the factory/expansion presets and third party, etc.

Fidelity

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 12:28:53 PM »
monophonic legato :)
+1
rsp

+1

I just finished reading a post on the old forum (http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3343013) which explains why it hasn't been implemented. What about setting the second voice to start at the same position on the waveform's timeline where the first was? If that method is doable, it'd also be a nice way of achieving a new kind of polyphonic "true" legato.

Alternatively, what about using hard-coded pitch bends for monophonic legato? Would that severely degrade the quality (in a negative way -- some edge/dirt isn't a bad thing) or mess with the formant too much?

Oh, and also, sample import/resynthesis to osc 1/2 and 3/4 waveforms would be awesome...worth the price of at least two expansions!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 12:32:51 PM by Fidelity »

Rob R

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 06:58:21 PM »
Monophonic legato definitely.

It's too bad to not be able to play gladiator like one of the vintage mono synths.

Also a shuffle knob for the ARP.

willit

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 04:52:43 AM »
I understand there's a visual representation for the wave HCM snapshots, but what about some kind of live oscilloscope that visually represents what the waveform looks like that you've created? It's not crucial but it'd be interesting to see what the sum of all waveforms look like... Perhaps it might even assist in sound design for some?

zvenx

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 08:14:44 PM »
Hi,
Just realised that 2.2 has midi learn.
However I would really prefer it done how most other software does it, via the right click select midi learn functionality.
Two main reasons: It is more or less the industry standard so I don't have to remember something different for Gladiator2, but more importantly I would also like it to have a midi unlearn function which afaik is currently missing.
thanks
rsp

oh and happy new year to all.
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

Budbertzerofluff

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 05:32:31 AM »

rsp

+1