You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Gladiator feature requests  (Read 46168 times)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: Gladiator feature requests
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 11:32:25 AM »
Tip: The midi learn configuration is stored in Gladiatormidi.cfg (plugin folder). You can reset all midi CC assignments by deleting this file.

zvenx

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 03:27:06 PM »
I know that, but suppose it is only the last midi learn I want to unlearn not all of them.
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

re_mute

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 04:54:21 AM »
Can we have an arpeggiator "lock" function as found on REFX's Nexus, Papen's Blue and, I believe, the Access Virus.
Presently if you program a cool arp you have to copy it, mouse up the preset browser, choose a new sound, mouse down to the arp, paste...repeat ad nauseum until you find the sound/arp combination you want.

It's a workflow killer. :mad:

Tthis could be extended to the OSC/FX/Filter sections so that you could load/Randomize the preset but keep the section you already liked.
ie the OSC are all perfect but you want to Randomize the FX - you just lock the OSC and hit the Randomize button.
Even better you could load a new preset but keep the old presets Arp/FX etc.

This plus a comprehensive preset tagging/rating/search page would take Gladiator to a whole new level, IMHO.  8)

Bullety

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 09:16:26 PM »
Because of my other post, I post this as a request here:
it would be great to have a 64 bit version to be able to have instances of Gladiator open.

Pieter van Panama

Mod matrix enhancement
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 06:53:20 PM »
What? I'd like to opt for a third matrix page that deals with the matrix layout of patches themselves.

Why? Once you've found your modulations it's sort of tedious to try and find alternative settings or simply finetune them.

Suggestion:

Note(s): All sliders only affect used matrix entries. Functions to be discussed. ;-)

Burkuagh

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 04:25:19 AM »
The ability to save and load arpeggios separately from the rest of the patch would be handy but not a big deal. 

The one thing I would really like, other than mon-legato, is a reset to 0 function.  Many VSTs have a right-click option or double-click to reset to 0.  Sometimes when I try to get a value to 0 it won't quite hit 0, it overshoots it by just a tiny bit and I try to go back and forth, up and down, trying for way too long to get the value to 0.

PHY6

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 02:13:04 PM »
Arp Swing

re_mute

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 10:29:55 PM »
The ability to save and load arpeggios separately from the rest of the patch would be handy but not a big deal. 

Marry this with the ability to "lock" the arp so it was independent of the patch and it'd be near perfect.

Burkuagh

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2010, 09:44:34 PM »
I would love to have is a simple filter for the 5th OSC alone.  Even just a simple cutoff switchable between LP/HP   without even rez would be handy and even more so if it were able to be altered in the mod matrix.  

Another thing that would be nice is individual oct/semi/fine controls for OSCs 2 and 4.

cjohs

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2010, 06:14:44 PM »
It would be nice if the waveforms for osc 5 could be available for osc 1/2 and 3/4 also :-)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 09:49:00 AM »
Hello Cjohs,

It would be nice if the waveforms for osc 5 could be available for osc 1/2 and 3/4 also :-)

OSC5 is a sample based oscillator. It is not related to the HCM synthesis OSCs (1/2, 3/4). That's why the waveforms not available.

Hello Burkuagh,

I would love to have is a simple filter for the 5th OSC alone.  Even just a simple cutoff switchable between LP/HP   without even rez would be handy and even more so if it were able to be altered in the mod matrix.  

we will implement your suggestion in future products.

The ability to save and load arpeggios separately from the rest of the patch would be handy but not a big deal
Solution: Select an emply slot and load a patch with the desired arp. Then press 'copy' in arp and select the destination patch. Then press paste in arp.

a reset to 0 function.  Many VSTs have a right-click option or double-click to reset to 0.  Sometimes when I try to get a value to 0 it won't quite hit 0, it overshoots it by just a tiny bit and I try to go back and forth, up and down, trying for way too long to get the value to 0.
This is already supported. Press 'ctrl' + left mouse button or 'strg' + left mousebutton.

Hello PHY6,

Arp Swing
we will do some experiments with this.

Best Regards
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 09:50:36 AM by Markus Feil »

maxdamage

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 03:41:33 PM »
I would like to see an expansion pack of vocals. Real voice samples with HCM would be awesome. As well as the  usual oohs, aahs and choirs I would be interested in rhythm and percussive voices. I know Gladiator has plenty of 'vocal'  patches but real voices would be a great addition.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2010, 11:40:51 AM »
I really like the idea of additional vocal sounds. It's definitely a hot canditate for additional content.

maxdamage

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2010, 11:34:08 PM »
You make it and they will come :D

I will be the first to buy it.

xybre

• Negutyv Xeiro
    • Negutyv Xeiro Music
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2010, 03:10:22 AM »
A taggable preset browser with full support for custom user banks and third party banks. Thats probably my number one request for Gladiator.

Number two would be a layout optimized for screens that are wider than they are tall. My laptop can handle a dozen instances of Gladiator with its processor, but can't fit the whole interface on the screen.

(actually I think I sent these requests to Bastiaan directly along with some others, so I won't keep rambling on..)

The one thing I would really like, other than mon-legato...
Just use 1 voice + legato for mono legato, though I would like a retrigger on/off option. Gladiator always retriggers, which is normally just fine for me, but sometimes I'd like the option for it to.. well.. not.

edit- after reading around, I think you meant "do not retrigger on legato". There seems to be some technicl difficult with HCM that limits surrounding that.

However I know its possible to disable retriggering of envelopes, which would be very useful in itself, and also since you can control the start point of the HCM spectrum, it should be able to pick up where the last note left off. I don't think there's any technical reason those things can't be done at least. Maybe its not "true mono-legato" but it would definitely work for all intents are purposes that I can think of. (I'm not saying that is trivial to do, just that its possible, decoupling the envelopes could be difficult for instance, as well as other things that I'm not aware of)

I'd also like it if Gladiator could "jump back" to the last note, if its still being held down, retriggering or not.

I would love to have is a simple filter for the 5th OSC alone.  Even just a simple cutoff switchable between LP/HP   without even rez would be handy and even more so if it were able to be altered in the mod matrix.  

Another thing that would be nice is individual oct/semi/fine controls for OSCs 2 and 4.
Osc 5 does need a simple filter or effect that is modulatable I agree.

A modulatable "detune" parameter for 2/4 would be nice.

I really like the idea of additional vocal sounds. It's definitely a hot canditate for additional content.
Definitely, more large-choir and realistic single syllables would be absolutely amazing in Gladiator. :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 03:45:51 AM by xybre »