You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Gladiator feature requests  (Read 46156 times)

netwalker

• Email
Re: Gladiator feature requests
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2011, 05:29:04 PM »
I really miss that the filter and volume envelope parameters can't be chosen as modulation destinations.
These possibilities would not be a unique feature but it's a must for the imitation of the behavior of a lot of natural instruments.
The most competitors offer this possibility.
An example:
I would like to program a simple guitar sound. If I pluck the bottom E string, the sound will last for more than 10 seconds.
The sound of the top E string will barely last for about 3 seconds. Thus I need the release time of the volume envelope as destination and key tracking as modulator. 
The same situation at keyboard instruments. Higher sounds will last shorter.
The list of user cases could be continued.

Burkuagh

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2011, 02:26:41 PM »
You can always set up the filter and/or amp envelopes in the mod matrix as sources pointing to whatever destination you want and then set another modulator with whatever source you want with the destination set to the matrix number that the filter and/or amp envelopes are on.

Slightly cumbersome compared to having the envelopes as destinations but still doable.

netwalker

• Email
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2011, 12:13:08 AM »
Thanks for the proposal but it is not what I actually need.
By your method you can modulate the whole envelope but not any parts of the envelope like attack or release times.
The most well known synthesizer allow the modulation of single envelope parameters.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:59:42 PM by Markus Feil »

zvenx

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2012, 03:27:48 PM »
CC Midi learn, either right click assign as many software instruments do, or at least like the help item in ElectraX or at the very least how it was done in 2.2 and 2.3 Gladiator.

Going back to 2.2 and 2.3 when I am moving my mac to 64bit isn't a sensible option for me.

thanks
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist