You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Gladiator feature requests  (Read 46169 times)

Burkuagh

Re: Gladiator feature requests
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2010, 11:49:10 PM »
Very cool that you are adding a filter to the 5th OSC.  I almost missed that part when reading through the thread.   ;D

One simple addition to the 5th osc sounds I would love is just a simple run of the mill sine waveform.  I found myself wanting one there in a patch I was messing around with today.

Another thing that is probably too much to hope for anytime soon, but maybe down the road at some point, would be to have 2 separate filters that can run parallel or serial.  I end up using the first FX for a LP filter since there are so many phenomenal textures you can create using the main filter and I always wonder how many more sounds could be created if I had 2 copies of the main filter.  

Oh.. and thanks a million for the heads up about the ctrl-click to reset to 0.  I must have missed that in the PDF.  I had a lot of frustrating moments in the past where I actually ended up going into windows and slowing down my mouse speed to almost nothing to get a knob back to 0.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:36:32 AM by Burkuagh »

Burkuagh

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2010, 10:21:56 PM »
Another thing that I keep coming up against when working is wanting a longer setting for tempo-based modulation like LFOs.  Sometimes I want really really long sweeps that sync up with the song and currently I have to hand-draw them in with my sequencing software and its not always very handy to do.

Would it be possible to put in some kind of multiplier that can be applied to the entire patch?  So that way you could set it to multiply by 1/2 and every tempo-based parameter is double in length.  This would be a fun feature when using things like trancegate and other tempo-based effects.

Vdosh

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2010, 10:05:16 PM »
Master tuning, Just Intonation, programmable additional scales (something like Scala scales files import).

Already asked into the old KVR forum, but I ask for it here again, just for reminding.

These are some crucial missing functions for Gladiator to be a complete musical instrument.

Thank you.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2010, 09:59:21 AM »
Thank you for your suggestions.

A 'Smart Just Intonation' mode is already implemented. It forces chords to be strictly harmonic:

- Click on Microtuning
- Select pure IQM

Best Regards,
Markus Feil

Burkuagh

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2010, 08:26:37 PM »
I hate to sound like I keep asking for things but....  A few other things I would love on Gladiator.

A mute option on the Mod Matrix so you can toggle them off and on without having to change their level to 0 or setting their source to empty or w/e. 

More modulation options.  Ones I would really really like are:
Osc 1/2 and Osc 3/4 Phase.
Filter Send.
Feedback/Delay Gain.
LFO speed.
Unison spread.
*I know it doesn't currently exist but a Post-FX volume control that is able to be modulated would be handy.

More Morph Modes.
I would love more of the /\ and \/ varieties with different ranges.  For example there is currently a \25%/\/\ mode.  I would love something just like this but without the \ in the beginning.  Where it would just go back and forth 25% of the range with the beginning and end of the range determined by the start control. 

This would be the easier option, I believe, rather than the one I would really love which would be adding another knob with an end setting that does what the start does only on the other end. 

hivkorn

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 11:57:40 PM »
Wav /Aif import to use it as a multi-FX  8) , GOD I LOVE THIS SYNTH , best synth ever.

Burkuagh

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 08:58:48 PM »
Mousewheel support for exact and  incremental changes in values. 

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2010, 09:59:06 AM »
Thank you for your suggestions. We have read them and will evaluate if we can implement them in our free updates.

Best Regards,
Markus Feil

Burkuagh

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2010, 08:13:28 PM »
Would it be possible for you guys to add a compressor to the distortion module in Gladiator similar to the one in FilterBank?  That's the one thing I am really missing in gladiator. 

I love so many of the FX but so many times I want to have it go through a compressor before feeding into the FX...  So i have to use all external FX plugins which is okay but it makes storing patches more difficult due to having to save a mixer track and load them both every time I want to use it.

pete

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2010, 08:43:41 PM »
I like Gladiator but find myself limited in a way or another. What I expect from a software like this:

- sophisticated random mode: like NI Absynth for example where you can enter the amount of mutation / random values and go back. Best thing would be the posibility to exclude some elements from random generation (for example osc 5, osc 1/2 or FX)
- resynthesis tool for mac - if the software is for mac the tools should be as well
- own filter for osc 5. The best of course would be 2 filters (like waldorf or maybe like in the new synth) with a mixer in front  ;) ... i think the filter is outstanding but two ... i would definitely pay for this upgrade
- modulation destination list: please consider submenues! it's an awful long list
- wave list: same thing
- more mod destinations (i don't know why not every knob is a mod destination)
- at least 1 additional envelope as a source for the matrix and maybe 1-2 + lfos
- envelopes: ADSDSR (standard or optional). I miss this for pad sounds
- searchable preset browser with tags
- more morph patterns (maybe paint option  ;) )
-
- microtuning

this would made the ultimative synth:
- lfo waveform: a paint option
- envelopes: a paint option
- morph pattern: paint option

nevertheless great synth so far!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 08:45:35 PM by pete »

cis-didge

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2011, 09:20:07 AM »
when next update for gladiator comes, please remember to fix the skins so the unusefull resynthesis and vocoder buttons disappear( as Bastiaan promised me in an e-mail long time) just a reminder  :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 09:24:08 AM by cis-didge »

Burkuagh

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2011, 06:25:15 AM »
A filter mix knob could be handy so that the dry signal could play along side of the filtered signal.  Gladiator has a huge number of absolutely beautiful filters and this option would add new depth to every single one of them.  And of course this would be even more spectacular if it were a parameter that could be controlled in the mod matrix.

Another thing I have always wanted is a draw mode for the step LFO.  Currently when you click on one of the sliders and move the mouse up and down has an effect but if you move it laterally there is none, it locks onto a single slider.  What I want is the ability to click one slider and drag the mouse laterally across the window and have each slider jump to the cursor's position so that I could quickly draw curves, fades,  and full waveforms with ease.

Also a save option, similar to the one in Electrax, would be most welcome for the OSC+Mixer section and a save for individual OSC configs given the insanely huge number of sounds that can come out of a single OSC.  The ability to save the FX would be handy or even just the ability to swap the order of the FX.  I don't know how many times I have wanted to change the order of the FX and have had to do it by hand which is a bit cumbersome though not really a big deal.   :P

Anyway... Don't take my constant suggestions as any kind of negative judgement of the synth.  Gladiator sits at the top of the synth hierarchy and has very few peers.  I am glad you guys make such inspiring software.

Cueball

• Email
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2011, 11:41:57 AM »
A much better way of displaying third party presets including the ability to create our own categories/subfolders....and also the ability to have the third party glb's appear permanently whenever I load G2.

this would be my biggest wish for the next update
I dont know man, i just got here meself!

netwalker

• Email
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 12:14:51 AM »
Hi,

me a very new user have a request. I miss in the lists (patchlists,  wavelist etc.) the alphabetical order. It would be much easier to find items in a sorted list and I think it wouldn't be a huge work to implement a sort function.

Thanks
netwalker

Burkuagh

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2011, 03:11:40 AM »
Modulation routings for "pitch" and "fine" that would affect pitch or fine tunings for all OSCs at once.