You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Icarus feature requests  (Read 131610 times)

TroelsN

• Email
Re: Icarus feature requests
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2017, 09:34:25 PM »
"I would wish for two more Reverb modes: gated, with adjustable gate time and reverse, with adjustable time as well."

Both of these ideas are good. Especially a reverse type would provide interesting possibilities for sound design  :)

Additional ideas:

1) A multiband compressor with very basic control. Maybe 3 sliders (low, mid, top) that adjust both threshold and some ratio and gain.
2) A 2nd chorus effect that has less delay. Eg. similar to the one in Electra. In Icarus, from the effect receives input till the wet signal is outputted there is a noticeable delay.
3) Individual stereo width control and detune amount control. Maybe combine it in the same knob by splitting the knob into 2 interact zones.

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2017, 07:17:45 PM »
Swap the res and cutoff knobs (sry if it was brought up here before)
Warlock_Icarus_Gladiator2/3_RayBlaster2_Nemesis_Saurus2_Electra2(x)_BiFilter2_Filterbank3_Warmverb

-exm-

Soarer

• Email
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2017, 11:31:23 PM »
I’m missing a good, clear and full sounding room reverb. Medium Reverb is not so good for a normal room reverb and it becomes rather low in volume at smaller room sizes.

Again, the unusual behavior that you can’t click and adjust a parameter (in one single click) when the plugin is not in focus would be great to have solved. Tried with Nemesis and it’s the same thing there.

Please make a “Copy settings” menu item. Often I may (or may not) have edited a patch in a track and then want to try another patch but do not want to save it since the changes may only apply to the current track and If I switch patch the settings are gone. Also when making patches it will be very convenient since you can check if you current changed settings are better than the saved settings.

Perhaps double clicking or shift clicking an Osc tab could solo that oscillator?

A reload Patch menu item.

pix

• Email
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2017, 02:49:16 PM »

- be able to scroll through wavetable folder when importing waveforms using mouse 

- truly independent filters with specific routing (inputs) and pan

- make morph type and mod destination

- better implementation of the step LFO (sugar bytes factory has the best one so far imo)

it's fantastic as it is though 

Soarer

• Email
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2017, 12:07:34 AM »
- Synced Retriggered Arp mode (starting the arp synced).

Simple retriggering by each new key pressed while keeping the arp synced is not possible. Only “Arp/Lfo hard trig” (in Setup settings) actually retriggers the arp by each new key pressed but then it triggers immediately and therefore does not start in sync. This makes it hard to play/jam in sync unless one has very tight playing skills.
Let me know if I missed something.

- Again please make the Arp respond to key velocity so that one can control the overall volume of an Arp patch by each (or the first) note's velocity.

- Proper explanation of the various Arp/LFO sync modes in the manual.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 11:20:27 AM by Soarer »

jcmos

« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2017, 01:24:10 PM »
My request:
Please include in the standard sound bank some realistic acoustic sounds such as a grand piano. If classical music is the mother of all genres, a piano is the father/mother of all instruments.
Some custom skins would also be great to have. People love having personalized things.
cheers
Jcmos

Soarer

• Email
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2017, 03:50:44 PM »
- Arp velocity as a mod source without the Arp triggering any notes so that you only use it as a mod source without the Arp.

- Attack Curve on all envelopes - even as a hidden parameter.

- An XY pad mod source for live performance.

- Ok, I may be a dreamer but I think an iPad control interface for live performance and much greater accessibility would be amazing! I’m not talking about an iPad version of Icarus but an iPad control surface that looks like Icarus (connected wirelessly through a background server). Omnisphere has this partly but only for certain features. 
I really thought synth developers would have caught up on this by now. Strange that we are still using a mouse for everything in 2017. Many people prefer hardware because of the immediate hands-on accessibility so it would make great sense to have this with software as well via an iPad app.

chakko

« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2017, 04:19:01 PM »
Swap the res and cutoff knobs (sry if it was brought up here before)

I second this. Always confuses me that they're laid out differently than it is standard on any other synth.

Oh, and hi, exmatproton. I know you from that forum with the 3 letters. ;)

Nudgeo

• Email
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2017, 05:52:24 PM »
can you add a slider / scroll bar in the wavetables menu. i can only see half of my wavetable when the menu drops down.would lso make it easier for those with a smaller screen. :angel:

Soarer

• Email
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2017, 04:21:41 PM »
Markus, will these features be in the update?:

- Synced Retriggered Arp mode (starting the arp synced).

Simple retriggering by each new key pressed while keeping the arp synced is not possible. Only “Arp/Lfo hard trig” (in Setup settings) actually retriggers the arp by each new key pressed but then it triggers immediately and therefore does not start in sync. This makes it hard to play/jam in sync unless one has very tight playing skills.
Let me know if I missed something.

- Again please make the Arp respond to key velocity so that one can control the overall volume of an Arp patch by each (or the first) note's velocity.

I think they are really needed and to me they are very important.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2017, 05:57:06 PM »
- SETUP->"Arp/Lfo soft trig" should do the trick

- try "Arp Vel+" vs "Velocity+" as matrix source

Soarer

• Email
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2017, 09:01:37 PM »
- SETUP->"Arp/Lfo soft trig" should do the trick

I’m afraid soft trig doesn’t work in this way. In Soft Trig mode I hold down one note and the arp starts in sync, yes. The next note (now held simultaneously) does not restart the arp from step 1, it just continues. 
Even if you let go of all notes and quickly press a note again, the arp does not restart, which it really should. It seems there’s a “time out” duration that decides when the Arp will retrigger again.

Hard Trig starts immediately and therefore not in sync. For any following notes (held simultaneously) it actually doesn’t restart the Arp unless you let go of the first note. If you still hold the first note the Arp will not retrigger with any following notes.

Omnisphere has this feature since you can chose three Trigger options: Legato, Song Position, Note.
“Song Position” starts in perfect sync and does not restart the arp at any time since it’s bound to the song position.

“Note” starts the arp immediately when receiving a note and therefore it does not start in sync. Any following notes restarts the arp.

“Legato” starts the arp immediately but only for the first note and with any following notes (held simultaneously) the arp continues. So Legato and Note modes do not start in sync but it’s possible to set a Trigger time in the Main section for any received note (globally).

- try "Arp Vel+" vs "Velocity+" as matrix source

I don’t see how this would help. What would I route Arp Vel+ to? Tried to route it to volume but key velocity changes nothing.

As I mentioned Omnisphere has an arp setting for this and it’s a horizontal slider with “Arp” in the left position and “Key” on the right. If you set the slider in the middle it will respond to both Arp velocity and Key velocity. 

Also Hive has this feature with a setting called “Dynamic Velocity “.
Ableton's Arpeggiator has both of these mentioned features and it gives a lot more control to the player for jamming or playing precisely.

Hope it makes sense and I think these features are really needed especially since we will now have additional Arps in Icarus 1.2.

jcmos

« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2017, 01:04:06 PM »
Do you guys have a date for Icarus next version update with better effects?
Cheers

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2017, 09:27:22 AM »
I am currently still working on this. There have been LOTS of feature requests. It takes some time to go through everything. There will be a public beta soon.

Soarer

• Email
« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2017, 06:08:09 PM »
The resizing works fine in Live so it would be nice to be free of that pop up message each time it's used.
Looking much forward to the beta!