You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Icarus feature requests  (Read 133152 times)

abject39

Re: Icarus feature requests
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2018, 02:34:22 AM »
Rob Papen Predator 2 has a really cool Strum feature in it's play mode. It has a knob specific for the amount of strum. Clearly Icarus doesn't have the space for that knob but some strum presets would be super awesome to have in Icarus. Do you think you could add that? Also do you think you could add the ability to modulate Envelope, LFO and Stepper shapes? Lastly can you add the option to have virtual keyboard on the bottom of the synth at all times, not just the browser. Its convenient at times to be able to click the keyboard to test sounds.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2018, 09:19:14 AM »
Strumming is possible with all modern Tone2 synths. From the technical side it is created by a quickly playing arpeggiator which stops after some notes.
Here is a guide how the arpeggiator in Icarus is setup for strumming:

http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2587.0

The envelopes and LFOs are modulators for themselves. Modulating another modulator can be problematic, since it can reult in clicks and glitches. I will examine if it is possible from the technical side.

A virtual keyboard for the main page will be included in one of the next updates.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 09:23:46 AM by Markus Krause »

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2018, 09:24:16 AM »
submitted by John:
"on the next Icarus update would it be possible to enable midi export from the arpeggiator. possibly even midi import to the arpeggiator."

jcmos

« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2018, 12:31:59 PM »
Another feature, be able to change the look of the synth, buttons, colors, etc... Come on, give us super user access!

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2018, 10:12:50 AM »
Hello jcmos,

you can change the colors with "setup->Set skin color". Then restart the plugin.

jcmos

« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2018, 12:59:51 AM »
Thanks! Any news on an update? Can I suggest to look at Serum and Sylenth1 and see what we are missing, what they are doing that we don't?, This synth is amazing, you could make it stand above everything else. Talking about features, please let us change the synth size, like Serum, and be able to listen to the wave table before loading it. Also the setup button, where is it? Cannot find it
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 02:41:36 PM by jcmos »

jcmos

« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2018, 05:48:46 AM »

Burkuagh

« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2018, 09:53:51 AM »
Any chance you could make the Glide knob able to be modulated with Icarus's mod sources, mod wheel, velocity Lfos... etc..

jcmos

« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2018, 04:39:08 AM »
Markus, are you on holidays? Or Icarus is done?

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2018, 11:38:49 AM »
I am currently working on the free update to Gladiator3. Icarus will be still supported for many years.  A huge and free update to Icarus 1.6 has been released only a few months ago. You can download it here:

https://www.tone2.com/download.html

Junior S

« Reply #145 on: October 12, 2018, 08:54:28 PM »
I just wanted to say that Icarus is the most versatile synthesizer ever, it seems like it can do everything, of course as this is feature request forum we will continue imagine what can be even more versatile and handy. Icarus is already my favorite synth of all of those I have, considering that I have Falcon too. And I don't know if this already was asked or answered, why the name Icarus and the meaning when at first was developed?  :)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2018, 01:20:01 PM »
Thanks a lot for the nice words!

We had a list with many names. All those names were first checked for trademarks. The remaining ones were voted by the sound design and beta team. 'Icarus' won the voting.

Junior S

« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2018, 04:53:03 PM »
ok, now I understand, I hope my powerful friend Icarus continue developing and continue sounding awesome as it does  :)

Junior S

« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2018, 01:38:59 AM »
Well this is my feature request, if it is possible or not I would like to know, maybe some of them would be possible for Icarus 2 or 3 who knows, even if it is a paying upgrade in order to support the development it can be understandable.

Ok here is:

- swap effects position just clicking and holding (like from 1 to 3 or 2 to 1).

- options to transform lfos 1,2 and 3 as step sequencers and the ability to draw lfos shape as step sequencer.

- Lfos, envelopes and AUXs wider range for editing, draw and change shapes of the curves and slopes, as versatile and dynamic as the wavetable editor but in his own way. I have seen something like that in for example synthmaster different envelopes modes, vengeance avenger, there is also a plug-in from fl studio fruity envelope controller that allows to draw own shapes of the envelopes and stuffs, the same algorithm is in Sytrus (but this one could be a complicated synth). Icarus is my favorite synth anyways but would be awesome to see more editable options for the envelopes as powerful as the synth is by itself.

- (This one could be done already opening other instances of Icarus, but well why not? is quite handy to have the tools right there at disposal) Ability to use each oscillator with its own effects slots independently of the other Oscillators.

- more OSCs and more effects slots (about this one I don't even know if that ever would happen or if it is even possible, but why no request? would be great).

So yeah, maybe some of this could be possible or not, I know sometimes there are technical reasons, but with the pass of the time everything can happen...  :)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2018, 09:08:41 AM »
Hi Junior,

there are currently no plans for Icarus2 or paid upgrades.

- swap should be possible. But i must check out the gui framework first.

- not possible with a reasonable development effort. It would require a new patch format.

- is a lot of work, but has been requested for several times. It is possible in the future.

- is already possible. Pan OSC1 to the left and pan OSC2 to the right. The go to Effect->route and select (Left->FX1 Right->FX2)->FX3

- More effect slots are problematic for the 32 bit version. It needs too much ram. The price would be a lower number of possible vst instances

Markus