You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Adding third parties banks to the bank/presets list  (Read 25166 times)

Lux

Adding third parties banks to the bank/presets list
« on: January 11, 2010, 04:37:12 PM »
Hello,

congrats for the new forum.

I'm wondering if there's a possibility to have third parties bank (like xenos) side to side with default banks to the presets menu in Gladiator.

Thanks
Luca

Robin

• Email
Re: Adding third parties banks to the bank/presets list
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 11:51:13 PM »
nice idea,i also have xenos his bank,would be cool to see it when i start up the beast :)

Lux

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 01:27:19 AM »
yup. well i dont have the xenos yet but i was trying the demo bank and i couldnt have it displayed in the list as a new tab after "arp", "nature"..all the categories. so thought that it would be cool

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 03:26:57 PM »
Hello,

I'm wondering if there's a possibility to have third parties bank (like xenos) side to side with default banks to the presets menu in Gladiator.

Thanks
Luca

Hi Luca,

Welcome to our forum :)

Currently all included presets are hardcoded into the plugin.

I guess you could download Minihost (http://www.tobybear.de/p_minihost.html), load Gladiator into it and inside its preset manager add the presets you want and resave the .FXB.
That would mean you'd have to load that bank each time you insert a Gladiator, but would also give access to all default and add-on presets.

We're currently working on a new product, chances are that several improvements will make it into previous products. No promises yet, but we'll try to do our best to improve the preset management.

Lux

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 08:42:32 PM »
Thanks Bastiaan fror the welcome and your reply :)

I'll do a few attempts weth what you suggested

Luca

re_mute

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 06:50:18 PM »
I know Tone2 generally hasn't ever seen the need to listen to users re:having usable browsers in their products
(hence, I assume, the reason that Gladiator's presets aren't even organised alphabetically) but there really does seem to be a distinct difference between using, say, Kore or Omnisphere which make browsing/tagging the hundreds of sounds so easy and Gladiator which is just designed to...well, why is it again that the presets are hardwired into Gladiator so that we can't make user banks or use third party banks with ease?

I previously would have said it was the difference between small and big developers but even REFX/Rob Papen's stuff now has a decent browser with a search function.

And if nothing is going to be done can we at least have an option to make Gladiator **remember where the user presets are**. Every time I load/save it's only remember the drive they're on, not the folder. Deeply annoying.

GeorgeZ

• Sound Designer
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 07:49:26 PM »
I'll second the RP comment. Predator REALLY has a nice way of handling presets. (pitty it can never sound like G2  :D )...hard wired "default" bank, at the end of the bank selection as well, so really easy to start one's own banks if you feel like it.

Lux

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 07:56:22 PM »
Hello,

Thanks
Luca

Hi Luca,

Welcome to our forum :)

Currently all included presets are hardcoded into the plugin.

I guess you could download Minihost (http://www.tobybear.de/p_minihost.html), load Gladiator into it and inside its preset manager add the presets you want and resave the .FXB.
That would mean you'd have to load that bank each time you insert a Gladiator, but would also give access to all default and add-on presets.

We're currently working on a new product, chances are that several improvements will make it into previous products. No promises yet, but we'll try to do our best to improve the preset management.

Hello Bastiaan,

tried with minihost but i'm afraid it doesnt work for a few reasons one being gladiator exports always the fullfilled default bank as fxb from the host even if i have just the new bank loaded and showed up in gladiator. So basically when i try to merge things i get default banks on both sides.

Quick question: do i have any chance to have gladiator opening always the default location when i press "load all"? that would solve a lot to me, as i have a pretty deep and messed up folders structure. Actually Gladiator opens the last one from Windows, so i have to manually get into the right folder and in my case it means dozen clicks and selections. Having Gladiator just open its default location as first choice would allow me to put all the additional banks in the default folder and having them just one click away.

So i'm wondering if there's some registry entry or ini file i can changer to have gladiator opening its default location.

Thanks again
Luca

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 08:24:37 PM »
I created a short tutorial for custom soundbanks for you:
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=53.0

Lux

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 08:33:57 PM »
Thanks a lot Markus.

I'll experiment a bit with it.

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 03:36:59 PM »
I know Tone2 generally hasn't ever seen the need to listen to users re:having usable browsers in their products

Actually we do listen, but in this case less then 1% of the userbase requested it, most of those were Kore users who requested it for Firebird.

Unfortunately, including a good preset browser isn't something you do over the course of a few weeks, which doesn't necessarily mean we don't want to improve preset browsing, it just takes time.

But like I said, we'll try to do our best and see if we can improve the preset browsing experience.

And if nothing is going to be done can we at least have an option to make Gladiator **remember where the user presets are**. Every time I load/save it's only remember the drive they're on, not the folder. Deeply annoying.

Which host is that? From what I've seen in Sonar and other hosts here it should go to the proper last folder.

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »
Quick question: do i have any chance to have gladiator opening always the default location when i press "load all"? that would solve a lot to me, as i have a pretty deep and messed up folders structure. Actually Gladiator opens the last one from Windows, so i have to manually get into the right folder and in my case it means dozen clicks and selections. Having Gladiator just open its default location as first choice would allow me to put all the additional banks in the default folder and having them just one click away.

So i'm wondering if there's some registry entry or ini file i can changer to have gladiator opening its default location.

Thanks again
Luca

I'm afraid that's up to Windows in this case (i.e. the last folder). I understand though, it personally drives me nuts having to browse multiple folders for all open projects.
I've installed Filebox extender (http://www.hyperionics.com/files/index.asp), it gives you two additional buttons next to the standard window controls, a folder history as well as a favorite folders button.
Highly configurable and saves you a lot of clicks, if you're looking for something to give you quick access to multiple folders from within open/save dialogs and explorer I highly recommend it.

Lux

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 08:02:50 PM »

Thanks again
Luca

I'm afraid that's up to Windows in this case (i.e. the last folder). I understand though, it personally drives me nuts having to browse multiple folders for all open projects.
I've installed Filebox extender (http://www.hyperionics.com/files/index.asp), it gives you two additional buttons next to the standard window controls, a folder history as well as a favorite folders button.
Highly configurable and saves you a lot of clicks, if you're looking for something to give you quick access to multiple folders from within open/save dialogs and explorer I highly recommend it.

That sounds very interesting, thanks Bastiaan. Did u find the program safe in your experience? Sounds very good i'm just afraid about installing stuff that makes major changes to explorer.

GeorgeZ

• Sound Designer
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 08:05:43 PM »
Don't have this issue, but file extender look cool, reckon I'll just get that in anyway :) Thanks!

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 08:36:26 PM »
That sounds very interesting, thanks Bastiaan. Did u find the program safe in your experience? Sounds very good i'm just afraid about installing stuff that makes major changes to explorer.

I haven't had any bad experiences with it so far. Basically what it does is add two small buttons to the windows. You can configure which windows should have those buttons (explorer, file boxes), switch things on or off and even add exceptions for certain programs.

There are a couple more features like rollup, pushpin windows and configuration options in there, so I'd give it a try ;)