You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Adding third parties banks to the bank/presets list  (Read 25163 times)

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
Re: Adding third parties banks to the bank/presets list
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 08:37:14 PM »
Don't have this issue, but file extender look cool, reckon I'll just get that in anyway :) Thanks!

Graag gedaan :) ;)

Lux

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 08:53:05 PM »
That sounds very interesting, thanks Bastiaan. Did u find the program safe in your experience? Sounds very good i'm just afraid about installing stuff that makes major changes to explorer.

I haven't had any bad experiences with it so far. Basically what it does is add two small buttons to the windows. You can configure which windows should have those buttons (explorer, file boxes), switch things on or off and even add exceptions for certain programs.

There are a couple more features like rollup, pushpin windows and configuration options in there, so I'd give it a try ;)

sure do :)

Budbertzerofluff

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 04:13:14 PM »
Actually we do listen, but in this case less then 1% of the userbase requested it, most of those were Kore users who requested it for Firebird.

A low request rate doesn't necessarily mean that a lot of people don't want this feature.

I would submit that a sizeable portion of the remaining 99% simply switch to another softsynth when they are looking to make something from presets. Personally, when I think about putting something together with presets, Gladiator2 is the last synth on my list because of the lack of a usable preset system. Its lack of simple incorporation of 3rd-party presets also steers me away from buying 3rd-party presets for Gladiator2, even though I have purchased many for Alchemy, Absynth, Twin2 and others.

The fact that a large portion of the softsynth market is moving towards incorporating a comprehensive preset system should say a lot more than the 1% of your userbase that is submitting this request. The other 99% probably just switch to another softsynth for that task.  :angel:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 08:42:56 PM by Bastiaan van Noord »