You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Available soon: Gladiator v2.4 (incl 64 bit)  (Read 52951 times)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Available soon: Gladiator v2.4 (incl 64 bit)
« on: June 13, 2012, 02:01:27 PM »
Gladiator v2.4 preview:

Enhancements:

- Slightly enhanced graphics
- The GUI code was completely rewritten. It's faster and supports alpha blending now.

New features:

- 64 Bit VST & AU version for Mac (requires OSX 10.5 or higher)
- 64 Bit demo for PC and Mac
- 64 Bit standalone version for PC
- PDF can now be be viewed from within plugin (Mac)
- Comfortable registration
- Smart installer for PC which automatically detects the plugin directory

Compatibility fixes:

- Workaround for a Windows problem when mouse button is clicked for a long time
- Fix for a possible permission problem in OSX Lion
- Several minor fixes

This update will be available for free for all Gladiator2 users.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:41:13 PM by Bastiaan van Noord »

GeorgeZ

• Sound Designer
Re: Available soon: Gladiator v2.4 (incl 64 bit)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 08:28:09 PM »
Thanks!!  ;)

Fido_X

• Fido X
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 07:02:47 AM »
very nice, can't wait  :)

Burkuagh

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 08:44:43 AM »
What is alpha blending?

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 08:49:23 AM »
Alpha Blending means transpararent elements in the GUI.

The beta is nearly finished now and Gladiator is working very well. We still have to do some minor bugfixes.
That's why we plan to release a free Gladiator update next month.

Robin

• Email
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 12:13:17 PM »
where to find it?not in my share-it account,bought gladiator secondhand

Robin

• Email
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 12:31:27 PM »
solved allready :)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 12:33:00 PM »
Hello Robin,

I've sent a PM to you. We wish you a lot of fun with the free update.

We also offer a free reshipment service for customers who lost their download links or missed an email with an update:

http://www.tone2.com/html/reshipment.html

Best Regards,
Markus

Itron

• Email
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 01:24:22 PM »
Hi Marcus and Bastiaan,

Firstly thanks for the update!!  :)

Couple of quick questions (Win Xp SP3 32 bit, in Cubase 6.5, SO2, Reaper) -

1. I had installed Gladiator in a file called "Gladiator" within the vst plugin folder. The V2.4 update didn't seem to find this, which I am sure the previous update to version 2.3 did. So I ended up with two versions of Gladiator on my PC. Some DAW's found the new version and some stuck with the old version!! Running Add/REmove programs uninstalled version 2.4. I found an uninstall file in the Gladiator folder and did that as well which seemed to uninstall v2.3. (I backed up my preset folder first) This leads me onto my second query -

2. After installing V2.4 I noticed that the mod field in OSC 3 and 4, showed what I thought were some new options! :o Until I realised that the first part of the field was being cut of so in fact a < subosc in fact was the last part of mix subosc!!  :) I think the fields are not updating, so that when you go into the first Welcome preset that uses Mix Subosc, and then select another preset, the fields do not properly update, and you are left with < Subosc. So if you go to the first preset of Dance and Trance that has the the mod field set to Off, it actually shows < Subosc, but if you click in the field it switches back to off. Hope that makes sense!! Mod field in Osc 1 and 2 perform correctly. (So hopefully not my graphic card drivers - for info it is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 running driver version 258.96) Oh and the mod fields under OSC 1 and 2 in the combine fields don't update correctly as well. Once you have opened a dialog box once in  either of these fields they then seem to start operating correctly.

Having by now got myself with various updates installed, uninstalled, re-installed ...... would it be possible for Marcus or Bastiaan to confirm how to uninstall Gladiator completely (Plus the Dance and Trance expansion) and re-install cleanly? I think I got it right, but want to double check that it is not something left behind that is causing me this issue. Also the freebie host in standalone for Gladiator now shows a darkish start up screen rather than the fire related startup screen. (I also have ElectraX, filterbank3, plus most of your filters installed, in case this effects what I should do. The Saurus demo still shows the fiery start up screen in standalone mode.) **UPDATE I have just uninstalled Gladiator (once again) completely and re-installed into a Gladiator folder (as per my very original installation) in the VST plugin folder and I now have the fiery start up screen again in the stadalone mode!!**

Many thanks, and Ihope this feedback helps,

BW

mark.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 01:45:17 PM by Itron »

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 01:52:29 PM »
Hello Mark,

updating your host and the graphics card driver might help you to get rid of the gui glitch. It may also be related your the graphics hardware-acceleration settings within windows. We have tested Gladiator excessively on many systems and did not experience this. Please do note that these glitches are only cosmetical and have no effect on the stablility or sound of the software.

The installer of v2.4 tries to auto-detect your VST directory. Previous versions did not come with this feature. By default they did always install to the direcectoy C:\Progam files\Steinger\VStplugins or a target where Gladiator has been installed for the last time.

Installing an update:

1) Close your host software! (Cubase etc)

2) Before you install an update you should always uninstall the old version to make sure that you don't have several copies installed at the same time. Go to Start->Porgrams->Tone2 Gladiator->uninstall

3) Now install the new version. The installer of our latest plugins try to auto-detect the vst directory. This diectory must be that same as you select within your host.

4) Open your host software (Cubase etc). It may now be necessary to run a plugin-rescan from withi your host. You can find more details about this in your host handbook.

5) Now the plugin should be available within your host. If you are installing for the first time the plugin will ask for the keyfile.

--------------------

Installing Galdiator expansions:

1) Click on the Expansion slot on top of the plugin and select the keyfile.

2) Restart the plugin

Best Regards,
Markus

Itron

• Email
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 02:07:15 PM »
Hi Markus,

Thank you for such a quick reply.  :)

I updated my previous post, but can add that uninstalling everything, deleting all "Gladiator" related folders, and selecting to install to the Vst plugin\Gladiator folder, seems to have resolved the standalone fiery startup screen issue, and all my hosts now see v2.4!  :) So hopefully query 1 is resolved.

However, the graphical glitch is still there, and I noticed also appears in the two Mod Fields under Osc 1 and 2 under the COMBINE section. All other fields update fine. (So four out of the whole lot don't update.) Once you have clicked inside each of the fields just once after starting the plugin they will ALL work fine, from then on. So it appears to happen just in these four fields the very first time you start the plugin. I hope that makes sense!!

I don't think it is my graphics card in this case, as all the other fields work fine and once triggered these fields update correctly as well.

I have taken a screen capture, but can't work out how to upload it into this post!

I hope that helps,

BW

Mark.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 02:16:46 PM by Itron »

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 02:14:41 PM »
Hello Itron,

the standalone version of v2.3 and v2.4 have different graphic logos as startup screen. This is normal and no bug. I didn't mention this as a new 'feature' in the update mail, since it is too unimportant to be mentioned explicitly.

Best Regards,
Markus

Itron

• Email
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 02:18:27 PM »
Thanks Markus, sorry cross posted, I was trying to work out how to upload my screen grab!!

See post above your latest one.

I can email you the screen grab if it would help?

BW

Mark.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 02:48:25 PM »
Hello Mark,

you can send a screenshot to Bastiaan (noord@tone2.com). We will examine it and provide a free fix if it should be a bug in our software.

Please do note that the wrong pixels that you describe is only a minor problem which has not been reported by any other user or our beta test team. It has no effect on the sound, the fuctionaliy or stablility of the plugin. Currenly we must assume that it is caused by your graphics card driver or a messed up Windows configuration.

Best Regards,
Markus

cainwild

• Email
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
hello markus  , have u started sending links to the update yet?    i usually get them  but have not received any liks yet for the update.