You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Available soon: Gladiator v2.4 (incl 64 bit)  (Read 52930 times)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Available soon: Gladiator v2.4 (incl 64 bit)
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 03:15:41 PM »
Hello Cainwild,

you can write an email to Bastiaan (noord[a t]tone2.com). He will resend your dwnload links.

We do also offer a free reshipment service for customers who lost their download links or missed an email with an update:

http://www.tone2.com/html/reshipment.html

Best Regards,
Markus

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 03:21:36 PM »
hello markus  , have u started sending links to the update yet?    i usually get them  but have not received any liks yet for the update.

I've sent you a product reshipment email with new links ;)

Itron

• Email
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 03:22:57 PM »
Hi Markus,

I will send the screen shot over to Bastiaan. Just for your information, I did uninstall V2.4 and retry V2.3 and no graphical glitch in V2.3. Clean installed V2.4 and the glitch re-appeared. I should add that this happens in standalone and within my various DAW's.

Would you like me to try Gladiator on my other PC's/laptops to test this? Or I can use another drive with same OS on my main DAW, see below (All except one are XP SP3)

However, none of my other PC's have proper sound cards, DAW's installed etc., but I wouldn't need sound to see if I could reproduce the graphical glitch in the standalone mode. Just a thought, if it helps, but also appreciate that you might prefer to do this in house.

I appreciate that it doesn't make a difference to sound, and once you realise what is going on it isn't a problem!!  :) I love Gladiator for the way it creates sound, and the sound it makes!!

Oh and I would be gutted if it is my Windows config, as this rig just runs my music stuff on this disk - with virtually everything disabled, and drivers are only updated if a specific problem rears it head. Graphics driver is more possible, but bearing in mind it only happens the very first time you switch from the default welcome patch, and only in four fields, it would seem strange. However, if you are happy with my suggestion above, I can even swap the OS hard drive on the music DAW with another hard drive that runs the same version of Windows but with all the latest updates, Nvidia driver etc (I use removeable caddies to run different OS's for different functions) It makes my life a lot easier partitioning different drives for different jobs, on one decent PC!!

Anyway let me know if I can offer further assistance. (Not assuming that it is plugin or OS at this stage just trying to help!) :)

BW

Mark.

svigie

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 05:49:10 PM »
Just downloaded the mac version here on Lion 10.7.4 + Logic 9.1.7, it doesn't pass AU validation. The installer doesn't seem to do anything in the components folder, but I have a new gladiator midi.cfg at the root of the Audio folder in addition to the .t2k files, and a new Gladiator2_data folder in the VST folder. It doesn't pass AU validation in the 32bit version of Logic, but doesn't recognize Gladiator in the 64bit version, doesn't try even to pass AU validation.

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 06:00:09 PM »

Hi Stephane,

Could be there was a problem with updating the 32 bit AU, could you try this:

Uninstall

* Exit Logic

Go to the /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/ folder and delete the following files

- From Plug-ins/Components the 'Gladiator.component' file.
- From Plug-ins/VST the 'Gladiator.vst' file and the 'Gladiator2_data' folder
- From the Plug-ins folder all files prefixed Gladiator (including your keyfile; Gladiator2.t2k)

Install

* Download Gladiator 2.4

* Install

* Copy your keyfile to the Library/Audio/Plug-ins folder

****************Note do not start Logic at this point***********

* Go to the ' ~/Library/Caches/'  (that's in your user lib) folder

Trash the 'com.apple.audiounits.cache' file, this will force a rescan of the new AU installation, note that
this cache file will be rewritten when Logic scans for AudioUnits and it will not mess with plugin settings &
registrations.

* It is recommended that if you run Logic in 64 bit mode to switch it to 32 bit mode before you scan new
plugins (64 bit mode sometimes skips 32 bit plugins during its scan)

To start Logic in 32 bit mode do this:

- Navigate to the Logic Pro application in the Applications folder.
- Choose Get Info from the Finder File menu.
- Enable the option to "Open in 32-bit mode"

* Open Logic, it will now start to rescan all AU plugins. If all went well Gladiator should now validate & work
without further problems.

If you switched Logic to 32 bit mode it is now also possible to switch it back to 64 bit mode again.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

-Bastiaan-

svigie

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 06:21:01 PM »
Hello Bastiaan, yes it's ok, Gladiator 64 is there in Logic ! Great job, honestly I will rediscover it while I was using only 64bit plugins for more than one year, looking now for expansions. Regards to all the team :)

Fido_X

• Fido X
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 06:39:44 PM »
Hi,

will there be download link for 2.4 update ?

Best,
Matej

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 06:50:23 PM »
Hello Bastiaan, yes it's ok, Gladiator 64 is there in Logic ! Great job, honestly I will rediscover it while I was using only 64bit plugins for more than one year, looking now for expansions. Regards to all the team :)

:) Glad to hear it was solved.

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2012, 06:51:41 PM »

Matej, I've resend your update email  ;)

Fido_X

• Fido X
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2012, 07:01:48 PM »
Wow, already ?  :)

Great, i'll update right away  ;)

Thanks,

Best,
Matej

FischerZ

• Email
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 10:10:00 PM »
Hi,

After a new installation Gladiator 2.4 works very fine.
Great work.
Thanks to Markus and the Team from Tone2.

cheers

Piet