You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: State of Art vs Electronic expansion  (Read 8065 times)

svigie

State of Art vs Electronic expansion
« on: April 05, 2010, 06:45:56 PM »
Dear All, I've bought rhe Electronic expansion few months ago, and except the new presets, I'm a little bit confused what would bring the State of art expansion, in term of new features ? Could be useful to provide on your site a "compare" view with the 3 expansion and what is exclusive one to each other.
Thanks

Robin

• Email
Re: State of Art vs Electronic expansion
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 01:34:24 AM »
+1,great idea!

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 03:22:03 PM »

Hi svigie,

In comparison with the previous expansions, State of Art includes 26 new waveforms for OSC 5. I'll see if I can make a little feat. compare chart, though most features are shared among expansions.

Dear All, I've bought rhe Electronic expansion few months ago, and except the new presets, I'm a little bit confused what would bring the State of art expansion, in term of new features ? Could be useful to provide on your site a "compare" view with the 3 expansion and what is exclusive one to each other.
Thanks

Burkuagh

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 05:27:03 AM »
I wish they would quit advertising the effects and filters as part of the expansion for those of us that have the previous expansions.  All I got is a bunch of presets I will never even listen to much less use and 26 new waveforms, only half of which I can even see as being useful.  Really there should be a discount since I already bought 90% of the useful parts of the expansion with previous expansions.

I love Gladiator.  It is the only vst I even use anymore.  But honestly this last expansion was not worth the cash.

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 10:43:10 PM »
All I got is a bunch of presets I will never even listen to much less use and 26 new waveforms, only half of which I can even see as being useful.  Really there should be a discount since I already bought 90% of the useful parts of the expansion with previous expansions.

I love Gladiator.  It is the only vst I even use anymore.  But honestly this last expansion was not worth the cash.

Good to hear the love for Gladiator remains, sorry to hear you're feeling that way about the last expansion. We do our best to make sure all expansion product pages & demos are representative of what is being purchased, but if I understand right, you feel this was unclear?

Burkuagh

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 01:31:48 AM »
I knew exactly what I was buying.  I understood that the filters and fx came with the previous expansions.  I just wish you guys would charge less for those of us that have bought the previous expansions since we already paid for a significant portion of the new expansion's content. 

Ideally I would prefer it if you broke up the expansions into parts and let us choose which we want to purchase.  I know many people love getting new presets but myself I never even listen to or use them.  Making my own sounds is the great joy I get from synths and is the reason I love Gladiator so much. 

If I had my choice I would only purchase new filters, effects, and waveforms(aka things that expand the options for making my own sounds from scratch).

I don't regret paying for the expansion.  I do love a handful of the new waveforms and will use them extensively.  But it feels like if I had waited and not bought the two previous expansions I could have just bought this one and gotten everything I personally wanted from all 3 and saved $140.  It feels a little like punishing loyalty.