You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Create Random Patch  (Read 2717 times)

Caine123

Create Random Patch
« on: April 14, 2019, 10:42:38 PM »
hey :), i love tone2 vsts and especially gladiator2! i was so happy to read there is a randomizator in Icarus as well. randomizers CAN NEVER replace XPs as they dont are carefully programmed yourself but they can give you new ideas.

in icarus the randomizer is sadly very bad, checkout these random presets....

as you can see there is ONLY LITTLE randomized and thats it, not the knobs in ENV, WAV etc. the matrx isnt even touched at all.

in this state the feature is really useless :(

again this is only feedback to my lovely tone2 synth and i nearly have all from  your synths :) so no hate.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:25:34 AM by Markus Krause »

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Create Random Patch = not random :(
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 10:34:54 AM »
Hello Caine,

Icarus has a more advanced method for randomizing that conventional synths.

Since Icarus is a very complex synth a naive randomisation of all parameters does give musically useful sounds or no output at all in 99% of the cases. That's why the randomizer uses an innovative statistic method to randomize only parameters which are relevant.

Best Regards,
Markus

Caine123

Re: Create Random Patch = not random :(
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 04:08:28 PM »
Hello Caine,

Icarus has a more advanced method for randomizing that conventional synths.

Since Icarus is a very complex synth a naive randomisation of all parameters does give musically useful sounds or no output at all in 99% of the cases. That's why the randomizer uses an innovative statistic method to randomize only parameters which are relevant.

Best Regards,
Markus

hi Markus,

thanks a lot! i might need to spend more time but yesterday i clicked the random option a lot of times and it was often that i thought "oh such a similiar patch i had today heard" :), thx for the info, imma play with it more today, i just love randomization in gladiator it gives so much pleasure and sometimes crazy sounds and inspiration/ideas.