You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Coming soon: Nemesis 1.6  (Read 9414 times)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Coming soon: Nemesis 1.6
« on: November 13, 2018, 01:12:48 PM »
We are currently working on Nemesis v1.6. A beta is available here:

https://www.tone2.com/download.html

If you still have requests of bug reports please submit them now! We can not apply changes after the end of the beta!

The update to v1.6 is available for free. It includes new effects, enhancements for the user interface, a more harmonic overall-sound and some fixes. Nemesis 1.6 is downward compatible with all previous versions. All existing song projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary. They will benefit from the enhanced sound quality.

(The listing below might still change)

New effects:

Reverb Ultra: Simulates a medium room with lots of diffusion.
Reverb Big: Simulates a huge room with lots of diffusion.
Reverb Infinite: A reverb with an infinitely long reverb tail (great for Pads, FX and Ambient tracks)
Reverb Plate2: Simulates a plate reverb, which uses an electromechanical transducer to create vibration in a large plate of sheet metal.
Reverb Glass: Simulates a bright room which absorbs low frequencies.
Reverb Trance: A reverb specifically tailored for Trance based music styles.
Reverb Reflections: When size is set to 0 it can be used to simulate early reflections, larger values sound like a chaotic echo.
Reverb Gated: Gated Reverb which syncs with the BPM-rate. It works best for drum sounds or arpeggiators.
Reverb Gated Echo: It's a Gated Reverb with a delay, which syncs with the BPM-rate.
Reverb Reverse: A Reverse Reverb, which syncs with the BPM-rate.
Reverb Decay: A Reverb with decay, which syncs with the BPM-rate.

New features:

- The menus now show checkmarks for the currently selected item.
- Support for the 'natural-scrolling-mousewheel' on the Mac
- A hand-symbol is shown for text parameters which can be altered.
- Knobs can be reset to the default value with a double-click.

Enhancements:

- Added a scroll-bar for the patch browser's category list. The bar is hidden automatically when it is not necessary.
- The menus are larger and more easy to read.
- More fast loading of the patches.
- Better mousewheel support on PC.
- A midi-program-change does not longer change the patch category.
- 'Delay', 'Delay Dual','Delay Band','PingPong' and 'Multitap' sound less detuned.
- The late-reflections of 'Reverb Large', 'Reverb Medium', 'Reverb Small', 'Reverb Feedb' and 'Reverb Plate' sound less detuned.
- Enhanced sound quality.
- Several small enhancements for the GUI.

Changes:

- Patch category is now located above the patch selector
- The text 'light saturation' is not longer visible.

Bug fixes:

- Fixed a rarely appearing crash, which could happen after many midi-program-changes.
- The visual appearance of the modulation-depth of knobs could have been incorrect if a matrix target was switched.
- Fixed a compatibility problem with recording automation in some hosts.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:08:58 AM by Markus Krause »

zvenx

Re: Coming soon: Nemesis 1.6
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 02:43:53 PM »
Thanks.
Looking forward to it.
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 09:09:33 AM »
The beta is available here now:

zvenx

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 04:14:17 AM »
On Mac 10.12.6.. Cubase.
Using the arrows to change presets, the preset selected indicator does not change.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hkxxl0c5sk4kya/nemesis%20preset%20indicator.jpg?dl=0

Btw I had reported the same issue in Electra in February.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mk9s1co0vu90q07/arrow%20change%20patch%20no%20arrow%20change.jpg?dl=0

rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

Dumbo

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 05:17:41 AM »
Hello Markus,

Nemesis looks good so far on my system. I don't know what exactly is new, since I did not update it for some time. I really appreciate the grey lines on the white knobs, makes the values much better readable! I also appreciate the demo sounds, some of the presets sound very nice! (especially the arps!).
My only request would be (and this is with all your "real" looking synths, exept Icarus, because Icarus is special! ;)): Is ist possible to make the square boxes and the infotext and the molutation sources etc. switchable?
Sometimes when I make music, I don't make it by the numbers, I make it by the EAR. That means, I go to OSC, to ENV and to Filter and do this like on a hardware-synth: by trial and error and some knowledge. I understand, that the exact numbers, routing etc. are good to know when you do precise editing or sounddesign. But when doing it like in the old times with hardware, just twiddling the knobs, it distracts me if there are square boxes and numbers and slices on the knobs etc.
It was one of the things that drew me initially to your synths (besides the great sound of course ;D ), that the user interface was very open, simple, clear and inviting. Coming from hardware-synths, I felt instantly at home. Please keep that simplicity or at least make it switchable...
(end of rant :angel:)

Cheers

Dumbo

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 01:30:46 PM »
@zvenx:

Thanks for reporting this. I was able to reproduce and fix the problem.

- It only appears with the 64bit mac version
- It does not happen or PC or 32bit mac
- It does only happen when you use the preset->next button together with the patch selection list
- It is only a cosmetical problem. It does not have any effect on the sound or the stability

@Dumbo:

What you request has been already implemented. There is a hidden feature to do this:
Place a file called NemesisTooltips.cfg to the same directory as Nemesis.t2k . Then you will get back the old hardware-feeling without the info boxes.

zvenx

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 01:43:40 PM »
Indeed.
thanks
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

Dumbo

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 08:35:22 PM »
Hello Markus,

I just found out, we had the same conversation already about Saurus. I think I'm getting old. :D
I mean the tooltip AND the Infoboxes like here:

http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2593.0

Sorry for being a nuisance...   :angel:

Dumbo
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 08:44:17 PM by Dumbo »

poppers

• Email
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 12:56:57 PM »
Hi, 

Some time i have used Nemesis, in Logic there was a problem using multiple instances of the same plugin was crashing the DAW - is this solved btw?

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 06:21:27 PM »
Hello Poppers,

Such a problem is not known from other users. If you experience such a problem with a 32bit host you might have been running out of RAM. This can happen with any plugin as soon as you reach the 2GB limit.

I recommend to download v1.6 beta. It seems to be very stable.

BreakerFix

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 04:35:48 PM »
Is 1.6 out for OS X yet? I downloaded the full version from the download page & I'm still not getting Nemesis to do program changes correctly. It keeps going back to the Arpeggiator bank. I looked for a version in the VSTi but I can't seem to find it. Would you please let me know where I can find the version of the plugin? 

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 09:16:19 AM »
I tested it again (PC with a SwissControlKey 88) and can not longer confirm any problems with program changes. Troels will also run some additional tests. He is an expert on the Mac.

Nemesis 1.6 beta for Mac:

https://www.tone2.com/update/Tone2_Nemesis_Mac.pkg

Make sure that you completely closed your host before you install plugins. Do not just only minimize it. I recommend also to reboot the Mac before you install plugins.

To validate that you installed v1.6:
In Nemesis click File->Show version info
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 10:17:36 AM by Markus Krause »

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 05:16:19 PM »
Troels did run some additonal tests (Mac OSX with Logic X). Everything so far seems to work as expected:

"I tested and it seems to work as intended without crashing. Also, it seems when I use program change, I never perform bank change, when reaching the end of a  preset category it will go to the first preset and start over"

zvenx

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2018, 01:58:54 PM »
Hi Markus,
1. Is the download page still the initial Beta or you have updated to a more recent Beta (for instance with the issue I mentioned above that you fixed)
2. Do you anticipate another Beta before release? Or what is on the download page currently will most likely be the released version?
thanks
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2018, 09:16:26 PM »
Hello zvenx,

1) I am currently not on my developement computer to check it out in detail. If i remember correctly the issue has already been fixed for the more current version (beta2) which should be online meanwhile. You can download it here:

2) We always release only software which is stable and has been properly tested. If this version turns out as stable it could be a release candidate - if serious problems are discovered there will be another version.

Markus