You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: OLD VOLT - new Saurus sound bank  (Read 13597 times)

himalaya

OLD VOLT - new Saurus sound bank
« on: July 04, 2012, 10:54:01 PM »
Hello friends,

I'm happy to announce the release of my new sound bank for Tone2's Saurus synthesiser: OLD VOLT.

'OLD VOLT' contains 159 presets of the vintage style and is suitable for old school electronic music, early synth pop, electro lounge, or anything your creativity can muster.

Vintage mono synths, string synths and lush pads, Berlin School arpeggios, dusty leads and plucks, lounge wha-wha synth keys... The real vintage and quirky vibe for those seeking more analog-style presets for Saurus.

An eclectic set of 159 patches  influenced by the 1970s and early 1980s with some twists here and there.

Audio demos (all demos free from any mix or post processing. Drums: GURU).

1. Single Presets demo  - long file!

Mini tracks

2. TOTEMVOLT

3. Have You Seen Skrillex?

4. Kraftvolt

5. Dream Of Fluffy Arpeggios and Canned Tangerines

6. Italo Disco

'OLD VOLT' is available now at a special introductory price of 15 Euro (25% off the ususal price of 20 Euro). Special offer valid until 17.07.2012.

More info, demos:

http://www.electric-himalaya.com/tone2_saurus_old_volt_sound_bank.html
Spec for this beta test: Reaper 4, Core 2 Quad Q9300, 3GB RAM. RME Hammerfal 9632 balanced. Windows XP SP3.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: OLD VOLT - new Saurus sound bank
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 11:13:28 PM »
Thank you for your great sounds Raphael!

himalaya

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 12:40:59 AM »
Thanks Markus. Glad to have your support.
Spec for this beta test: Reaper 4, Core 2 Quad Q9300, 3GB RAM. RME Hammerfal 9632 balanced. Windows XP SP3.

cainwild

• Email
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 07:01:18 AM »
really great soundbank   enjoying it a lot 8)

cyberheater

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 06:55:30 PM »
Really nice bank.  I'm enjoying it a lot.

It contains bucket loads of beautifully evocative analogue sounds.  And really shows you some creative use of the matrix.

I love the idea of using flipflop to pan sounds for pads.  Fantastic.

himalaya

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 08:24:59 PM »
Thank you for your feedback, cyberheater and cainwild.:-)

I love the idea of using flipflop to pan sounds for pads.  Fantastic.

This is the result of me using an Oberheim OBXa synth, which has dynamic panning of voices. I try to utilise a similar trick in my analog-style sound banks. Sometimes I try to get an Oberheim-ish vibe, especially with brass and pads, other times I use the flip-flop with a narrower pan modulation just to get some interest. This works great with long amp envelope release stage, where the dynamic panning gets a nice 'chorus' treatment all due to long note release.

I'm glad you have noticed it. You officially get my 'analogue connoisseur' badge.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:03:11 AM by himalaya »

cyberheater

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 10:18:28 AM »
I'm glad you have noticed it. You officially get my 'analogue connoisseur' badge.  ;D

I will wear it with pride  :)

IngoWeidner

• Internal
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 10:09:38 AM »
I got the soundbank too and again Raphael has provided a really great collection of sounds.

A little story:
I know him since we both worked on synths for the AAS Tassman 4 modular synth (starting around 2006) and since then i always liked his sound design also for synths like e.g. Alchemy. During that "Tassman time" (i still got the synth...) Raphael provided a free bank for one of my Tassman 4 synths:   http://community.applied-acoustics.com/php/community/view_synth.php?id=284

Ingo
Windows 10 64-bit - Intel Core i5-3350P (4x3.10 GHz) - 8 GB DDR3 RAM - Focusrite Saffire 24 Pro DSP - AMD Radeon HD 8570 - Cubase Pro 8.5.20 & Pro 9.0.1 - Live 9.7.1 - Studio One 3.3, Bitwig Studio 1.3.15, Pro Tools 12.5.2

himalaya

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 03:45:51 PM »
Thanks for the mention Ingo. Our Tassman days were exciting. :-)
I remember you were building massive synths then... I so wish for T5!

BTW, just a brief mention, it's the last day of the introductory offer.
I've created a few more demos since the release, here they are:

Pads:
http://www.electric-himalaya.com/demos/saurus/OLD_VOLT-Pads.mp3

Leads:
http://www.electric-himalaya.com/demos/saurus/OLD_VOLT-Leads.mp3

Arpeggios:
http://www.electric-himalaya.com/demos/saurus/OLD_VOLT_arpeggios.mp3

Vintage Strings:
http://www.electric-himalaya.com/demos/saurus/OLD_VOLT_String_presets.mp3

IngoWeidner

• Internal
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 06:03:28 PM »
Thanks for the mention Ingo. Our Tassman days were exciting. :-)
I remember you were building massive synths then... I so wish for T5!
Hi Raphael,

it was great indeed. I had only very few softsynths during that time so i focused more on one (trying to do the same at least for some time now but it's hard due to the many choices...).
Still hoping for T5 and i also hope it will not take another 5 years.

Ingo
Windows 10 64-bit - Intel Core i5-3350P (4x3.10 GHz) - 8 GB DDR3 RAM - Focusrite Saffire 24 Pro DSP - AMD Radeon HD 8570 - Cubase Pro 8.5.20 & Pro 9.0.1 - Live 9.7.1 - Studio One 3.3, Bitwig Studio 1.3.15, Pro Tools 12.5.2

Tiny Wight

• The Deadites
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 04:58:57 PM »
+1 for this soundset. Not only is it great, but it's an excellent tutorial on creative use of the ARP and Matrix. Here's what I sent to Raphael a few hours after purchasing the set:

"Wow, man. You outdid yourself on this Saurus soundset. This is just exactly the type of stuff I was looking for. The factory patches are very good - very close to what I wanted - but you really nailed it with your presets. Thanks a million for putting these together!"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 05:46:31 PM by Tiny Wight »
Xoxo,

Tiny Wight - The Deadites

www.thedeadites.com               www.facebook.com/thedeadites               www.youtube.com/thedeaditestv               www.trickortreatradio.com               www.thedeadites.com               www.facebook.com/thedeadites               www.youtube.com/thedeaditestv               www.trickortreatradio.com               www.thedeadites.com               www.facebook.com/thedeadites               www.youtube.com/thedeaditestv               www.trickortreatradio.com