You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: At first glance I was disappointed...  (Read 5029 times)

Burkuagh

At first glance I was disappointed...
« on: April 17, 2012, 06:02:04 AM »
... when I saw the email about the release of this synth.  So many companies over the years have tried to recreate old analog synths in vst form and tho they have made some fun synths they have failed to make something that actually sounds like an analog.  ElectraX has filters that come close to analog and that's what I thought this would be, just a simplified version of ElectraX, something like Firebird compared to Gladiator.

But I have to say how glad I am to be completely wrong.  I want to congratulate you guys on making the first VST that sounds like a real analog.  Saurus holds its own when stacked up side by side with my SE-1X and Sunsyn.  It has that same warmth, power, and presence that previously belonged to real analogs alone.   

Lately I have fallen so in love with additive synths that I had thought subtractive synthesis had nothing much more to offer and I am so happy to have been wrong about that too. 

Thank you for once again pushing the boundaries of the entire electronic music industry ahead and proving that there is no better maker of synths than Tone2.