You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: 64 Bit Version  (Read 10065 times)

Bullety

64 Bit Version
« on: March 02, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »
Dear,

Is there a full 64 Bit version available for Gladiator 2?
If not, will there be a 64 Bit version available soon?

I'm running into memory problems with Cubase's Bit Bridge (which is 32 Bit - ~3GB RAM) and want to use more Gladiator instances.

Best regards,
Bullety

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
Re: 64 Bit Version
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 02:15:50 PM »
Hi Bullety,

There is currently no Gladiator 64bit version available.

You could try the Jbridge adapter demo (http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge), if I remember right, Jbridge gives you access to more memory under Cubase 64bit.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 02:18:38 PM by Bastiaan van Noord »

Bullety

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 09:12:05 PM »
Dear Bastiaan,

These are really bad news because I thought there would be for sure a 64 bit version avaliable or released soon because of the logo on the website and I don't always want to need something between Cubase and the plugins like the jBridge.

So the only thing I can do is hope that a 64 bit version will be developed in the future...

Best regards,
Bullety

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 10:18:01 PM »
Dear Bastiaan,

These are really bad news because I thought there would be for sure a 64 bit version avaliable or released soon because of the logo on the website and I don't always want to need something between Cubase and the plugins like the jBridge.

So the only thing I can do is hope that a 64 bit version will be developed in the future...

Best regards,
Bullety

edit: Markus made a more official and detailed reply towards this :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 02:20:37 PM by Bastiaan van Noord »

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 12:27:50 PM »
64bit precision audio processing is already supported in the current version. It depends on you host if it is supported or not.

You currently can run up to 23 Gladiator2 instances simuntaniously. This should be enough even for the most complex songs.

We plan to release a native 64 Bit version of the dll (which works on Vista 64 & Win7 64 only) in June. The update will be free for all Gladiator2 customers. A native 64 bit version of the dll has no advantage except that you will be able to load more that 23 instances simuntainously.

Best Regards,
Markus Feil
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 12:36:33 PM by Markus Feil »

Bullety

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 08:48:33 PM »
Dear Markus,

hmm, but all of my Gladiator instances are running in Cubase's Bit Bridge - and the Bit Bridge is 32 bit itself - so all Gladiator instances can also only access ~3,5GB Ram - no matter how many (i currently use 5-10), right?

And I think, I'm very near at the 3,5 GB.

But these are good news for the native release in June.

So until then, I will try to manage it with freezing channels and reopen them if I change anything.

Best regards,
Bullety

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 01:48:33 PM »
Hello Bullety,

Gladiator2 supports a feature called shared memory. This does mean that all instances share the same memory block with wavetables and samples. The advantage is that additional instances need less memory than the first instance.

You currently can run up to 23 Gladiator2 instances simuntaniously on a 32 bit OS or on a 64 bit OS.

So far no other user has experienced your problem. A reinstallation and reconfiguartion of your host, soundcard or OS could solve it.
We will keep an eye on it.

We always provide free bugfixes. Please note thae we can only fix problems which are caused by our own software.

If you experience technical problems or have questions about the bit bridge you should refer to Steinberg's support.

Best Regards,
Markus Feil

Sounddesigner

• Email
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 08:49:02 AM »

We plan to release a native 64 Bit version of the dll (which works on Vista 64 & Win7 64 only) in June. The update will be free for all Gladiator2 customers. A native 64 bit version of the dll has no advantage except that you will be able to load more that 23 instances simuntainously.

Great to here that a Native 64bit version of Gladiator is comming! Will be looking forward to this update.

Best wishes!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 08:51:08 AM by Sounddesigner »