You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: WarmVerb Multi-FX feature requests  (Read 28116 times)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
WarmVerb Multi-FX feature requests
« on: November 10, 2009, 05:15:17 PM »
This is the right place to post feature requests for Warmverb.
Please keep in mind that there are also techncial restrictions and we can not fullfill everyone's needs.

aplats

Re: WarmVerb Multi-FX feature requests
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 07:22:20 PM »
I understand there are ways to get around this, but not nearly as elegant. Is there a chance to get Warmverb offered as a Midi-Controlled Effect in logic? That way we can provide MIDI input for the vocoder?

Also, It would also be cool to create your own pattern for trance gate like Uhbik-T. This would be huge for me personally, as I am afraid that if a lot of people are using Warmverb's tremelo, it creates similar sounds... I'm not a huge fan of only fixed patterns on instruments.

aplats

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 03:31:04 PM »
Just wondering if you guys are checking these threads... I haven't seen many responses.

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 04:23:29 PM »
We check them ;) It's just that it's difficult to reply to each request with a 'we'll add it' or 'we'll see if we can include it in a next update" reply.

Not a huge fan of fixed patterns myself, so I like the idea of adding your own patterns. About Logic's midi control, I'm not a Logic user so could you explain what the problem there is.

aplats

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 05:02:47 PM »
Thanks for getting back Bastiaan.  :)

I heard that the vocoder can be controlled by midi. In logic, I believe the only nice way to route midi to an effect is to have that effect as a "Midi-Controlled Effect." Basically, you load that up as you would an instrument, and then you side-chain the audio in there that you want the effect to process. Since the effect is on the track as an instrument, logic will send MIDI data to it when the track is selected. This is the way that TAL Vocoder does it and other effects I've worked with. Please let me know if I'm not explaining well!

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 11:59:48 AM »
Warmverb can be completely controled by midi.

There are three ways to control the vocoder:
- You can either send Midi Notes to warmverb (not all hosts support this)
- You can use automation
- You can send midi CCs to warmwerb

MIDI CC Mapping
The default Midi CC mapping is:

Midi CC Destination
7 Volume
12 Bypass
14 Fx1Par1
15 Fx1Par2
16 Fx1Par3
17 Fx1Par4
18 Fx2Par1
19 Fx2Par2
20 Fx2Par3
21 Fx2Par4
22 Fx3Par1
23 Fx3Par2
24 Fx3Par3
25 Fx3Par4
26 Fx4Par1
27 Fx4Par2
28 Fx4Par3
29 Fx4Par4
75 EqLow
76 EqMid
77 EqHigh
91 Mix
92 Fx1Mix
93 Fx2Mix
94 Fx3Mix
95 Fx4Mix

Best Regards,
Markus Feil

aplats

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 03:22:03 PM »
Warmverb can be completely controled by midi.

There are three ways to control the vocoder:
- You can either send Midi Notes to warmverb (not all hosts support this)
- You can use automation
- You can send midi CCs to warmwerb

Best Regards,
Markus Feil

Method one is the one I am talking about. Like you said, not all hosts support this. However, Logic will support it if you can load Warmverb as a 'MIDI-Controlled FX' instead of just as an FX. Having that option allows you to send MIDI data to effects.

re_mute

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 11:14:07 AM »
Similiar to the request for a lockable Arp in Gladiator, can we have a lockable Mix level in Warmverb - ie so you can keep the Mix to 100%  - especially useful when using Warmverb as a Send FX and browsing presets.

ba-midi

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 06:22:50 PM »
Hi.
I've begun using Warmverb more lately.  It's a great plugin.

I wish there was a more robust step sequencer though.  There are times I need to do more than 1 bar sequence.  I can't see a way to do that now (is there one?).

So I would definitely like to see the SS expanded.   It's especially useful in modern music, as we know.  But 1 bar is limiting.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for making some great plugins.

Plughugger

• Email
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 01:34:51 PM »
New user here. Haven't been using Warmverb for more than 30 minutes - but I'm still totally blewn away by it. How I could have missed this fantastic plug is beyond me.

I already know one thing that WV needs badly: a compressor with limiting function. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, but it's very easy to break through the roof with this one, so to have something that keeps things under control is desired.

Second observation. It seems it's not possible to filter out the reverb tails - which is a little sad, as it can help creating metallic or dark boomyness to any sounds.

Apart from that - I'm in heaven. Great great plug.

/C

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 02:34:47 PM »
Good ideas :) We'll see what's possible with future updates. Thanks for the suggestions Plughugger and all others as well of course.

Burkuagh

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 11:15:17 PM »
I would love the ability to move the order of the FX around without having to do it by hand one parameter at a time. 

Burkuagh

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 02:57:17 AM »
Any chance you guys could add a pan controller to the mono delay so they could be combined make some interesting stereo delays?

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 05:51:28 PM »
I think more / better FX routing is on the request list already but nice idea :)

I'll add Pan controller for mono delays to our list.

Burkuagh

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 10:37:23 PM »
Thanks!

You guys are awesome.  I have never dealt with any other software company that interacted so closely with customers. 

Just yesterday I bought a new synth, MorphoX.  There was an issue with the install letting me enter the serial number so I could register the synth.  I emailed the company's tech support address and they sent me back an automated email saying that since I am not a registered customer they cannot help me.   :D

And that's pretty much what I expect from software companies.  You are a rare lot.