You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Gladiator outputs distorted saw wave..  (Read 7384 times)

axxe

• Email
Gladiator outputs distorted saw wave..
« on: February 24, 2010, 04:08:15 PM »
I bought the plugin about a week ago. Yesterday when I was making a patch something strange happened. Gladiator started to output something that sounded like a distorted saw wave. Not on top of the same I was playing with; I could only hear the distorted saw ( sounded like a malfunction ). The patch name did not change, nor did the parameters, but it just completely changed sound. No matter which preset I chose or what parameters I tweaked, the sound remained the same. I re-opened the plugin and everything worked fine. But this has happened today too. Seems like a bug of some sort.

Has anybody experienced something similar? I would really appreciate some help. As mentioned, I can use the plugin, but the sound might change to a distorted saw anytime. Really annoying. Im running Logic 8 on an Imac ( 4 gb ram, 2,8 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 320 HD )

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
Re: Gladiator outputs distorted saw wave..
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 04:46:56 PM »
Hi axxe,

When this noise appears, is it still possible to do other things inside Logic or do you get the impression that both plugin and Logic completely hang?

Any specific thing you remember doing when this happened?

axxe

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:37:36 PM »
Nothing hangs. Logic works completely fine, so does Gladiator...Its just that Gladiator outputs sort of like a distorted wave. So even when the sound appears, nothing in hung up. I can tweak parameters and see the knobs move, but there is no adjustment to the sound what so ever. Its not like a regular saw, but a distorted one. It seems evident that something is wrong..

Its strange because it works fine. But this can happen anytime. Next time it happens I will try and see if I did something particular. But last time I just switched presets and Bam, there it is again...

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 02:42:41 PM »
Nothing hangs. Logic works completely fine, so does Gladiator...Its just that Gladiator outputs sort of like a distorted wave. So even when the sound appears, nothing in hung up. I can tweak parameters and see the knobs move, but there is no adjustment to the sound what so ever. Its not like a regular saw, but a distorted one. It seems evident that something is wrong..

Its strange because it works fine. But this can happen anytime. Next time it happens I will try and see if I did something particular. But last time I just switched presets and Bam, there it is again...

That is strange. Could you grab a screenshot, if possible some audio and send it to me (noord@tone2.com) next time it happens?

axxe

• Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 10:25:31 PM »
Sure will do, sir....