You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: an expander with features but no presets  (Read 8484 times)

zvenx

an expander with features but no presets
« on: November 16, 2009, 03:58:28 PM »
Hi someone on the KVR forum made what I thought was an excellent suggstion, but I want to modify it a bit.

I heard the demos from the new expander, and to be honest it doesnt fill my needs but I would love the additional stuff to the G2 engine, is it possible to sell two expanders in general.. One with features and presets and one with features only?
thanks
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
Re: an expander with features but no presets
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 04:34:01 PM »
I like the idea, however after seeing both expansion releases received with comments about free updates, I imagine we'll get a lot of flak if we release a feature only expansion.

Nevertheless an interesting idea and I certainly see both sides of the argument :)

zvenx

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 05:09:54 PM »
call it something else :-), expander light
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 05:12:40 PM »
call it something else :-), expander light
rsp

Now with even less calories? Lose weight while you work out with Gladiator...lol

GeorgeZ

• Sound Designer
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 06:17:01 AM »
That's sure to get the tongues wagging  ;)

Rob R

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »
Hi someone on the KVR forum made what I thought was an excellent suggstion, but I want to modify it a bit.

I heard the demos from the new expander, and to be honest it doesnt fill my needs but I would love the additional stuff to the G2 engine, is it possible to sell two expanders in general.. One with features and presets and one with features only?
thanks
rsp

I feel similarly about not wanting extra presets but wouldn't mind to have the complete feature set of Gladiator. For this reason I think it might be better to have the more conventional approach where presets are sold as preset packs and new features come either with free with updates, or if there are a lot of changes then perhaps a small upgrade fee. That seems to be a how most developers do it and not that you should always do things like everyone else, but I think in this case the more common way of doing it is maybe more sensible.