You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Modulating Icarus Arp Parameters in Bitwig--Wow!  (Read 2483 times)

davew1

Modulating Icarus Arp Parameters in Bitwig--Wow!
« on: September 13, 2019, 05:57:11 AM »
I've recently discovered how many of the parameters of Icarus' arpeggiator can be automated with the modulators in Bitwig. Within Bitwig, I also appreciate that some of the parameters appear in an intuitive way. For example, if I'm using a Bitwig LFO to modulate a specific step of the Icarus arp sequence between two different notes, I can actually see the semitone steps I'm modulating between when I set up the LFO's mod amount in the Bitwig interface. As this took me a while to discover, I wanted to mention it here.

I haven't explored this much with Cubase, my other DAW, but I imagine it's possible to do some fun modulation of Icarus' arp parameters with automation in other DAWs, too. Whatever the case, Bitwig and Icarus' arp are very powerful together. When you start automating parameters like the arp's loop length, you can easily get some rhythmically complex and evolving sequences.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 06:00:14 AM by davew1 »

Rob R

Re: Modulating Icarus Arp Parameters in Bitwig--Wow!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 02:14:24 AM »
This is something I appreciate about Icarus as well, that pretty much all of it's parameters are automatable, except for the wavetable editing stuff, which would be impossible really. Same thing for Gladiator and ElectraX actually. Some of the synths in the middle were missing some important controls like lfo and other shape buttons but I'm happy to see that Icarus went back to allowing everything to be automated. Good for assigning hardware controls.