You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Slider controls in the wavetable editor  (Read 2854 times)

Deepbass

Slider controls in the wavetable editor
« on: March 20, 2019, 11:51:38 AM »
Is it possible that the slider controls, which are able to change parameters by value, stay open after I changed a value? I would like to make various changes and hear the modified sound directly afterwards and when I like the modification I could press maybe an apply-button or close the slider without changes. That would prevent from always use the undo button. For me it would be more efficient due to better workflow. Looking forward to some feedback.

Andreas

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Slider controls in the wavetable editor
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 09:24:20 AM »
Hello Andreas,

Icarus offers two different methods to alter the wavetables:

1) Osc Synthesis / Morph mode (= the blue MORPH knob together with the mode selector above it):
This method is available in realtime. You can use the knob to alter the sound while you hear the actual result and see the actual result in the waveform window.
Optionally you got the possibility to apply the morph mode to the current wavetable with Tool->Apply Morph->Apply morph to wavetable. Then the wavetable is replaced with a new one. This works for most morphmodes (except the ones with key tracking).

2) The wavetable editor:
Here you can alter the wavetables with many algorithms which are non-realtime. This does mean that the calculation is very complex - too complex to audition to them while you edit them, since our computers are
too slow for this - especially for complex wavetables. That's why there is such a slider solution needed.
I will check out if there is a way to enhance the workflow

Markus

Deepbass

Re: Slider controls in the wavetable editor
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 09:57:01 AM »
Thanks, Markus, for your explanation. I´m glad that you take that workflow enhancement into consideration.
I just want to mention that Icarus has the best resynthesis engine(s) I ever came across. No matter what I "feed" into it, the result is always something useful. I use the morph modes and the editor a lot which is why I appreciate any enhancement in these areas. And updates in general... :)

Andreas