You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Feature request: "load random patch" button for instant inspiration  (Read 2520 times)

Torley

• Email
I like how quick the Tone2 synth workflow is. Once the expanded patch browser is open, it's very quick to scroll through it. There are of some usability improvements which would make it even better.

With an increasing number of sounds, it can be awkward to load through CATEGORY selections manually. I share the feelings of the other users who said keyboard up/down arrow should also work here to change sounds.

The "load random patch" idea applies to all Tone2 synths that have a similar patch browser style, in recent memory I started thinking of it with Electra, then I wanted it to be part of Icarus too... it's also applicable to Gladiator 3 (can't wait for the beta to come to Mac). It's something simple that can generate inspiration a lot faster... so strange to me why so few synths have it, but some of them that do tend to be among the most powerful or have the biggest quality of sounds (like aforementioned Omnisphere). I certainly think that with 1,000+ base presets on most of the Tone2 synths, it applies here! And it would complement the generate random patch button already present in some of these synths.

Patch browser search and being able to filter by INFO tags (in addition to CATEGORY) or star rating would of course also be welcome additions. It's like right now I can assign certain metadata but can't actually use it to find specific patches.

Does anyone else feel similarly? :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 05:34:00 AM by Torley »