You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Selecting sounds with master keyboard  (Read 3581 times)

Dumbo

Selecting sounds with master keyboard
« on: July 06, 2018, 09:20:34 PM »
Hello,
I have a general question regarding sound selection via a masterkeyboard: I connected a synth with big keys and knobs to my computer to be able to better control my soft synths. Now I realized, that the behaviour of the Tone2 synths is different: Some stay in the category, when I switch sounds from the master keyboard, some seem to count from 1, starting on the first category.
Since my master keyboard (an old Yamaha An1x) has just 128 presets, I can not reach the higher presets in some of the Tone2 Vst synths.
With Icarus, it is perfect for me: He (it) stays in the selected category, that means, if I create a custom bank with my own presets, i can reach all 128 presets from the master keyboard. Perfect (for me) ;D
Electra does not react at all to the preset changes, Gladiator stays in the category (good) but shows only in the main window, I guess because the browser is not made to show the changes. Saurus jumps to the first category (or to the n-th preset in the 128 number range, counting from 1). Nemesis is the same like Saurus, Rayblaster is also the same like Saurus (I could only try with the recent demo).

I understand that modern master keyboards have probably bank selectors, but for me, the preset behaviour like with Icarus would be great for the other synths too..

How do other users control their presets?
Can you implement the same behaviour from Icarus into the other synths? (If that is good for the other users too, of course! :D )

Cheers

Dumbo

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Selecting sounds with master keyboard
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 02:51:02 PM »
Hello Dumbo,

i own the old CS2X which is similar like the AN1X. It can access only 2 banks. The old hardware does not send bank changes properly by Midi.
Our synth engines use different engines. As a result there are some technical limitations.
I have noted your request for a more consistent behaviour amongst the synths. I will check out if it possible to enhance it.

Markus

Dumbo

Re: Selecting sounds with master keyboard
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 03:27:33 PM »
Ok, thanks for listening! :)

Cheers

Dumbo