You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Saurus 2.5- sectors on knobs  (Read 6151 times)

elektron

Saurus 2.5- sectors on knobs
« on: September 08, 2017, 10:13:24 PM »
I do have a bug in Saurus 2.5. It has got something to do with the knobs.

Instead of describing the problem myself, have a look at this video on yt because this guy has the same issues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEQ8Le3wIcA

The thing is that this "knob behaviour" varies with each preset, almost any knob might be affected; in most cases it is the CUTOFF knob. Again, you can see this in the video, too.

I also have a similar GUI problem with the new 2.5 version of Electra - never had the problem with the 2.1 version. If I knew how to insert a picture here, I could upload a screenshot.

NB: I am experiencing this in the standalone versions of the two 2.5 synths, have not tried the vsts yet.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:58:27 PM by Markus Krause »

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re:
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 03:57:59 PM »
Hello electron,

it is not a bug. It is a new feature which has been introduced with the latest updates and the drag&drop modulation:

New features:
- Sectors on knobs show the modulation amount

The sector shows when a modulation source like modwheel is assigned to cutoff in the matrix. This way you can easily see when a targed is modulated.

elektron

Re: Saurus 2.5- sectors on knobs
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 04:49:12 PM »
Ah, now I see. Thanks for clearing this up, Markus, and sorry for thinking this might be a bug. It was really confusing for me at first but now it makes sense.

Thanks for your immediate answer!