You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: How does Presets "Gate / Filtergate 1 MF" work? Which Arp Pattern is being used?  (Read 3602 times)

BurntWings

Hi Icarus enthusiasts!

Before I start - Thanks for the great 1.1 Version. I like the improvements a lot!

I'm still in a getting to know phase. I'm trying to figure out how some of the presets work and what their magic is.
Now I stumbled over "Filtergate 1 MF" and I'm bit surprised. There's some arp magic going on, though the arp is switched off!? Making it even more mysterious there is "Step+"[1] modulator assgined *twice* to pitch and once to volume. And I here a arp pattern that is different to the default pattern displayed in the arp section.
May questions are:
1.) Which pattern is played when arp is switched to off and "Step+" is used as modulator?
2.) How does the "Step+" modulator exactly work?

Best Regards
Peter

[1] I use "Step+" as example/placeholder for all posssible Modulators of the "Step"-Family.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Hello Peter,

This is indeed a very tricky programmed patch. :)

The rhytmic structure (the trancegate) results from the wavetable. If you open the wavetable editor you can see saws and gaps between them as wavetable waveforms. The gaps are the silence. LFO1, which syncs to BPM, is routed to WAVE.

The octaves and the glide are cretaed by the STEP lfo. It is routed to pitch in the matrix.

Best Regards,
Markus