You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Different glides modes  (Read 5470 times)

Burkuagh

Different glides modes
« on: December 09, 2012, 08:43:22 PM »
I cannot get Legato+Glide to work like it does in Saurus, or any other synth for that matter.  If I hold one key then hit another it does not bend until I let off of the second key at which time it will bend back to the pitch of the first.  

So basically its triggering the glide at the release of the note rather than the attack.  

Is this working as intended?  And if so is there a way to make it work like traditional legato+glide modes?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:36:14 AM by Markus Feil »

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: Legato...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »
Hi Brukuagh,

there are several different glide modes which offer different behaviour. RayBlaster offers 3 different glide modes:

1) Monophonic glide (i think this is what you want to do):
Glides between any note. 1 voice only. Switch to 'mono' in setup and turn up the glide knob to 50%

2) Legato
Glides if more than one key is pressed. When the second key is released it glides back to the lower key. This mode if very nice for solos. 1 voice only. Swith to 'legato' in setup and turn the glide knob to 50%.
This legato mode glides down only, which gives a more punchy sound. It is suitable for modern music.

3) Polyphonic
Glides between any note. Swith to 'polyphonic 8' in setup and turn the glide knob to 50%.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:58:26 AM by Markus Feil »

Burkuagh

Re: Different glides modes
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 04:56:04 AM »
The problem I am having is that while in Legato mode if I hold one note then hit a second note so that they overlap it does not bend at all. 

Legato only bends for me when I release the second note, at which time it will bend back to the first note. 

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 08:56:42 AM »
Hello Burkuagh,

We'll discuss if we add an additional 'classic' legato or replace it with a traditional one in the next update.

Update:

The next update will contain two different legato modes:

- The current one will be renamed to 'legato down'
- A new one called 'classic legato' which glides is both directions will be added
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:49:45 AM by Markus Feil »

Burkuagh

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 07:04:35 AM »
Nice!