You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: RayBlaster feature requests  (Read 60834 times)

IngoWeidner

• Internal
    • Email
Re: RayBlaster feature requests
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2012, 10:40:38 AM »
I would love to have some way of cycling through the "Load Wave 1" and "Load Wave 2" files other than the drop-down menu.  Preferably < > arrows like in the preset window. 
You could use the mouse wheel at the current version.

Ingo
Windows 10 64-bit - Intel Core i5-3350P (4x3.10 GHz) - 8 GB DDR3 RAM - Focusrite Saffire 24 Pro DSP - AMD Radeon HD 8570 - Cubase Pro 8.5.20 & Pro 9.0.1 - Live 9.7.1 - Studio One 3.3, Bitwig Studio 1.3.15, Pro Tools 12.5.2

Ajnariom

• Email
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2013, 03:43:33 PM »
What about some tutorial video/s?

If there are several people who are interested in it we will create a more detailed sound design tutorial for RayBlaster.

I also ask about tutorial videos.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2013, 01:44:17 PM »
Here is a feature overview video:

http://www.tone2.com/html/impulse_modelling_synthesis__i.html
-----------------------------------

The handbook has a section where the tutorial patches are explained. Make sure that you don't miss it.

--------------

If there is a demand on a tutorial video for sound design with RayBlaster we can record something.

Cobi

• iamcobi.com
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2013, 06:10:07 PM »
+1 for some tutorial videos.

Especially regarding the resynthesis and loop resynthesis features.

Another feature request: When I'm going through samples/loops to resynthesize I think its quite a clunky slow setup that you need to go through for every different sample you want use.. Having to click 'File' then 'Resynthesis' then 'Ok' then browsing to find your sample and then clicking 'Open' and then 'Ok' yet again isn't great for workflow..

I think it would be much better if you could cycle through the samples in the last selected folder by using the main preset arrows (An idea which I suggested in my first post).. that way users could make a folder of all the sounds they might want to resynth. Another way to improve this would be to be able to drag and drop audio files directly onto Rayblaster to automatically resynthesize.

lih

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2013, 02:17:36 AM »
I've been enjoying this synth immensely, and between it and Electra X, all my singers are really loving the Tone2 sound at my studio.

Couple features would really help my work flow when using many instances in a project, as I'm almost always creating new sounds with it.

a.  Rayblaster tends to clip easily requiring multiple lowering of the volume knob to keep it in check, and even then I'll think I have it set low enough, come back later and find its still clipping, but then my master volume is too low.  I would really love a brick wall limiter put it before the FX section.

b.  Probably been mentioned before, but Midi learn / cc support for automation would help workflow a lot.  I'm having to print audio and then automate the volume to keep my mixes tight.  Its a small thing, but would save me some precious time in the studio.

Anyway, kudos to you Markus for always pushing the envelope.  I could not make the music I make without Tone2 products.

Burkuagh

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2013, 06:47:05 AM »
The current methods in Rayblaster for transposing up and down octaves all change the tonal characteristics of the sound.  Rayblaster could really use something that works like transposing the incoming midi information in the way that it works on a controller keybord when you shift it up and down octaves.

Burkuagh

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2013, 05:10:50 AM »
Also I would love drag-and-drop functionality for loading .wav files into the "Load Wave" sections on the oscillators.

Currently the mouse wheel will only let you scroll through the default set of waves that came with Ray Blaster.  It would be wonderful if it could be changed to scroll through the .wav files in the most recently opened folder rather than opening a windows file-selection folder.

And lastly it would be extremely useful if Ray Blaster would store the file name of the .wav that was resynthesized.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2013, 08:37:20 AM »
Hello Burkuagh,

Drag & drop is already included. I don't remember if it also supported on the Mac, but i just successfully loaded a wav to the RayBlaster OSC on on my PC. You must drop it in the middle of the OSC window.

The factory waveforms are stored in VstPlugins/RayBlaster_waves. You can add/delete/modify the content for your personal needs. RayBlaster updates the listing of the directory when you load the plugin.
RayBlaster works well with very short, percussive samples.

Cheers!

Burkuagh

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2013, 07:45:46 AM »
Drag-and-drop only works on "Load Wave 1" for me.  Is there away to drop a .wav file on the "Load Wave 2"?

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2013, 08:39:20 AM »
Usually only wave1 is used in the sounds. That's why drag&drop is limited to it. I will examine if i find a comfortable way to support a more detailed drag&drop for a future update.

rez_azel

Re: RayBlaster feature requests - LPF section after sound engine
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2013, 05:46:39 PM »
I like the resynthesis feature. But I think the fact that, if you resynthesize complex waveforms, the formant knob let's you only control the pitch but not the cutoff, dramatically limits the versatility of Rayblaster... (the damp and lo cut buttons are not suited at all as LPF replacements). PLEASE include at least a traditional lowpass 12 db if you ever consider an update... Thank you!

Burkuagh

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2013, 04:13:58 PM »
I would love some utility functions added for the mod matrix.  Matrix slot numbers next to each line just fort the sake of ease and clarity, mute buttons for each slot so you can toggle them off and on without having to lose your values or settings, move up and down for organizational purposes, And I would love some ways to control multiple parameters with single controllers without having to, something like a destination "all following slots" or "matrix 1-5", "matrix 6-10" ,and "matrix 11-15", or page 1, 2 or 3 or w/e would be a lot of fun to play with.  Of course I would love these for all of your synths not just ray blaster.

Just some thoughts. 

Also a swap FX order would be handy.

AnalogSignal

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2013, 10:14:01 PM »
After programming a lot of Rayblaster patches, I have some requests. I think they have been mentioned before but I'd like to add my vote:

1. Display the name of the Wave file when loading a patch.

2. Replace Patch - Instead of hitting Save and picking the same filename and confirming overwrite, I would like a one click way of doing this.

3. I'm constantly watching out for clipping. It would be very nice to have a built-in limiter to prevent this.

Actually I am wondering if clipping really happens internally or is it just warning that it is outputting more than 0 db which could cause clipping externally?

Great synth. I hope it is updated in the future.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:24:30 AM by AnalogSignal »

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2013, 10:21:09 AM »
Hello,

the 'clipping' display is just a warning. It has no effect on the sound. It's purpose is to inform the sound designer that a sound could be too loud.

AnalogSignal

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2013, 10:26:46 AM »
the 'clipping' display is just a warning. It has no effect on the sound. It's purpose is to inform the sound designer that a sound could be too loud.

Thanks! Good to know.  :)