You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Where are new sounds?  (Read 12694 times)

Pianohero

Where are new sounds?
« on: June 16, 2012, 08:56:34 AM »
Hello, I like the plugin a lot. It has a wide variety of sound styles and the quality of the sounds is excellent. However, the link to get "more sounds" takes me to a page that is under construction. Also, as addressed in an old thread, the sustain pedal works wrong in this plugin. It doesn't let you hit repeated notes while holding the pedal down. It's been a while now since this product was released so I was wondering if there was a timeline to when the preset/sounds page will work and when an update to fix the pedal issue will be released. These two issues make it unattractive to use the plugin and hurt the workflow. Thanks
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:39:38 AM by Markus Feil »

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: Where are new sounds and when is the update coming?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 10:14:36 AM »
Hello pianohero,

thank you for the positive feedback about Saurus.

So far not many people have requested a change in the bahaviour of the pedal and seem to be happy how it works. However we will take a look at it in an update.  It will be for free for all Saurus customers.

Saurus v1.0 works very reliable. There are no known crashes or compatibility issues. That's why we plan to release updates for Electrax and Gladiator first. Many customers are currently waiting for a 64 bit Mac version for these products.

A soundest for Saurus will be released in two weeks. It will contain 200 sounds and will be reasonably priced.

Leffe

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 04:21:36 PM »
I have a feeling that the people that seem to be happy about how the sustain pedal works, don't really use a sustain pedal... This one really bugs me too and would love to see it changed.

cainwild

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 09:26:13 PM »
great news about the soundbank  looking foward to this 8)

zvenx

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 03:10:57 PM »
tbh the sustain problem doesn't bother me as I don't use the pedal in ways that the OP does, but I just tried it in electraX and gladiator 2 and quite a few other software from other developers, and those work the way he wants it to work. I am curious to know why the behavior is different in Saurus than in ElectraX/Gladiator2?

rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

Tiny Wight

• The Deadites
Re: Where are new sounds?
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 11:07:37 PM »
I'm 100% with the OP on this one. This is the only keyboard/plugin -ever- to behave in the way it does with the sustain pedal. On a polyphonic device, sustain should apply to all keys hit while the pedal is depressed. Perhaps notes would tail out oldest first if the max polyphony is reached. Please fix this soon. Anyone who is using this synth for more 'traditional' keyboard playing will be very frustrated by the behavior.

That said - I love everything else about Saurus. It is my go-to synth right now, having bested some stiff competition from some big developers. Good on you all for creating such a great sounding plugin!

...but please fix that sustain pedal programming. Thanks!  :'(
Xoxo,

Tiny Wight - The Deadites

www.thedeadites.com               www.facebook.com/thedeadites               www.youtube.com/thedeaditestv               www.trickortreatradio.com               www.thedeadites.com               www.facebook.com/thedeadites               www.youtube.com/thedeaditestv               www.trickortreatradio.com               www.thedeadites.com               www.facebook.com/thedeadites               www.youtube.com/thedeaditestv               www.trickortreatradio.com              

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 08:55:54 AM »
Hi Tiny Wight,

we plan to release an free update for Saurus soon. It will include a large number of enhancements.
I've noted your request for a change in the sustain pedal behaviour and will try to find a solution which makes everyone happy.

Best Regards,
Markus

Tiny Wight

• The Deadites
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 01:12:31 AM »
Sustain pedal is working perfectly! Thanks so much. For those who are looking for a piano-like sustain, try this:

1. Set volume envelope sustain to 0
2. Set vol env attack to 0
3. Set vol env attack to 0
4. Play with vol env decay while holding a key down until it plays to 0 volume
5. Once happy with how the "sustained" sound will play, tweak release for "non-sustained" notes
6. Tweak attack if desired

This will result in a piano-like play experience. Anything above 0 sustain will simply result in a held note at the sustain volume. If release is set too low, releasing the sustain pedal may result in an unnatural sounding stop to the sound. Consider the recommended steps a starting point.

This is basic sound design, I know, but most factory patches have a sustain level above 0, so won't have that natural pedal sound (that those asking for pedal support are probably looking for) out of the box.

Thanks again. Hope this helps elaborate on the fix for people looking for this functionality!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 05:45:54 PM by Tiny Wight »
Xoxo,

Tiny Wight - The Deadites

www.thedeadites.com               www.facebook.com/thedeadites               www.youtube.com/thedeaditestv               www.trickortreatradio.com               www.thedeadites.com               www.facebook.com/thedeadites               www.youtube.com/thedeaditestv               www.trickortreatradio.com               www.thedeadites.com               www.facebook.com/thedeadites               www.youtube.com/thedeaditestv               www.trickortreatradio.com              

corbobilly

• Email
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 01:16:10 PM »
A soundest for Saurus will be released in two weeks. It will contain 200 sounds and will be reasonably priced.

How to find them ?

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 02:24:23 PM »

Hi corbobilly,

I think Markus was referring to the Top of the Clubs soundset being released, it can be found here: http://tone2.com/html/sounds.html

corbobilly

• Email
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 02:32:54 PM »
There is confusion: I meant new patches from the  1.1 version of Saurus update .

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 03:01:44 PM »
Ah those :)

They're inside of the "AnalogSoundSetDemo" category.

corbobilly

• Email
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 03:06:45 PM »
Yes, those, I found this. but I thought that new patches exist in other categories.

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 03:08:27 PM »

No, those are the new sounds.