You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: About issues with implementing a Mono-Legato play mode....  (Read 6521 times)

Burkuagh

I understand from the way that the instrument plays back sounds that it is difficult or impossible to implement a true mono-legato play mode but is there the possibility of simply having a mono-legato play mode for the filter alone? 

Even if it re-triggered the wave and morph it would be incredibly handy to be able to be able to use legato without the filter envelope being triggered on every note change.  It is possible to achieve the same end effect with some creative editing in my sequencing software but is tedious and and not nearly as fun as actually being able to play like this live. 

Also it would be handy to have keyboard in mono-mode re-trigger when you held down one note and let off and on another the way you can do trills on other keyboards regardless of what the sound is actually doing even on a non legato mode.  I have gotten used to this on many other lead instruments and can open up some incredibly fun moments when playing live.

Currently it does switch notes in mono mode when holding one and hitting another but letting off while still holding the first key goes to silence instead of re-triggering the held key.

I will try to come back and retype this later so it will be more clear as I am currently a bit messed up on some sleeping meds and I am sure I am not making complete sense.