You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Saurus feature requests  (Read 80264 times)

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
Re: Saurus feature requests
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2012, 06:33:49 PM »

Heh ;)

himalaya

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2012, 12:42:44 PM »
It appears that if the user preset folder exceeds 160 presets the pop up preset window changes from a spreadsheet like page to a vertical scrolling pane. This vertical scrolling window is a right pain the the back side. Is it possible to have the spreadsheet preset display available at all times?

Further to this issue, the exact number of presets where the preset browser window changes from a spreadsheet to a scroll bar is 159. ( at least on my monitor - is this monitor size dependent perhaps?)

This scroll bar is unhelpful to say the least. Or if people like scrolling down, why not have the same behavior as for example in Firefox bookmarks window where scrolling is possible via the mouse wheel, which is very fast.
Spec for this beta test: Reaper 4, Core 2 Quad Q9300, 3GB RAM. RME Hammerfal 9632 balanced. Windows XP SP3.

Examigan

• Some of my Music
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2012, 12:38:16 PM »
I would like FX available as targets in the matrix like others have said and the midi learn. Sonar has ACT for the midi part of it, but it would still be nice to have.

Maybe more slots for the matrix (ok... I am greedy) like 20-25 instead of 15 would be cool, and an EQ also.

It would be nice to see more of the matrix all at once if possible. Not much room left though, so maybe if you right-clicked in the matrix area, it could open a another window showing all of them at once?

Also, Saurus already sounds great  :)  but wondered if it has it's own oversampling going on, or if not, then it would nice to have that as a selectable-amount..2X, 4X, etc.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2012, 10:10:02 AM »
The Saurus engine works with 2x oversampling by default. Some modules use 4x oversampling. We didn't make it selectable, because Saurus does not need much CPU and more oversampling did not have any positive effect on the sound quality in our tests.

Vdosh

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2012, 06:44:02 AM »
As usual, I'll suggest to include scale changes features (ability to import Scala scales...), just intonation, and master tuning (for using different tuning than 440 Hz).

Speaking about vintage synthesis, it can be remembered that vintage synthesists often use customized scales (see Wendy Carlos, and many others) ; equal tempered scale can not be the only available scale to a vintage synth. There are plenty of Scala scales freely available and a brilliant synth as Saurus is should be able to use them. This would open an new universe of musical possibilities.

Currently the Cakewalk Z3TA+ synth has this scales features ; but while the Z3TA+ synthesis is brilliant, I prefer the Gladiator and the Saurus synthesis, sound wise.

Thank you, cheers !...

Mike Thomson

• DJ / Producer / Remixer
    • Mike Thomson
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2012, 08:22:22 PM »
two little feature requests:

- Possibility to lock the actual fx and/or arpeggiator settings so that they would not be changed on preset change

- Save / Load of Arpeggiator presets

Both features would be nice in ElectraX, too :)
ElectraX, AcustiX Enhancer

AiynZahev

• Betatester
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2012, 08:28:25 PM »
Hello Tone2 team

Is it possible to have semi-tone information in the matrix when modulating pitch. For example when setting an LFO to modulate osc 2 semitone or pitch the read out is -100 to +100. It would be easier if it read something like +1 semitone etc if it is modulating semitones, or cents if it is fine, or if it is set to pitch then semitone then cents, like 1.234, 0.325 etc etc

Just make programming easier.

Love the synth btw

Sami

4damind

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2012, 12:22:14 PM »
  • Mouse-wheel support!
    Maybe it's only broken in Cubase but it's not working, so I think it's not implemented yet. 
  • Small text edit control when double clicked on a knob for direct input of values
  • Context Menu for controls with some options (Midi Learn and stuff)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2012, 08:56:55 AM »
Requested: change in the sustain pedal behaviour

MaxSynths

• MaxSynths
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2012, 09:02:50 AM »
Requested: change in the sustain pedal behaviour

Just curious about this...  :question:
PC: Intel G640 - 4GB RAM - OS: WinXP SP3 (32bit) - SOUNDCARD: ESI Wami Rack 192L @ 44.1K, 512 Samples - MIDI: MOTU Microlite / Steinberg MIDIEX8 - HOST Presonus Studio One 1.6 / eXT 1.4.1 - 2.6 / Sonar X1

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2012, 09:10:10 AM »
The request concerned a change in the behaviour when dupicate keys are pressed. I will have to run some tests to find out more about usability and the technical details.

Requested: Sine LFOs for the matrix 

MaxSynths

• MaxSynths
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2012, 09:23:04 AM »
Understood ^_^
PC: Intel G640 - 4GB RAM - OS: WinXP SP3 (32bit) - SOUNDCARD: ESI Wami Rack 192L @ 44.1K, 512 Samples - MIDI: MOTU Microlite / Steinberg MIDIEX8 - HOST Presonus Studio One 1.6 / eXT 1.4.1 - 2.6 / Sonar X1

Examigan

• Some of my Music
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2013, 02:30:38 AM »
This is a pretty simple one, might have been requested already:

If you had already saved a preset with a certain name, then when you load it back up, change it a bit, then go to save it, it would be nice if it would put the same name in the field where you would normally type in a name for it.

Right now, when you load one up that was saved previously, then go to save it again, you have to retype the name again.

You could of course click on the file you saved from before to write over it, but what if you don't want to write over that one, or want to call it something a tiny bit different liker Manic Arp 1, Manic Arp 2, etc.?

Not a huge deal, just a convenience sorta thing I guess.   :)

rank

Re: Saurus feature requests - new WHITE SKIN problem
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2013, 05:28:10 PM »
new WHITE SKIN problem:

Hi--just installed the new WHITE SKIN - love it EXCEPT:

any way to put WHITE MARKS on the all the knobs??  You can’t tell what you are adjusting.

They are really hard to see with the black makers on the black knobs. It really needs to be fixed. :lamp:

I use this synth live--it's awesome and the WHITE SKIN is really helpful.

Thanks

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2013, 02:28:02 PM »

Hi Rank,

I've sent you an email about this.

Cheers!

-Bastiaan-