You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Saurus feature requests  (Read 80333 times)

himalaya

Re: Saurus feature requests
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 11:20:03 PM »
I miss a sine wave for the sub oscillator.  A sine is great for some dual oscillator pads (with each osc using a sawtooth or a PWM pulse), then the sine sub adds a nice body down below. This is how some Yamaha CS80 pads are made.
Spec for this beta test: Reaper 4, Core 2 Quad Q9300, 3GB RAM. RME Hammerfal 9632 balanced. Windows XP SP3.

himalaya

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012, 12:06:43 AM »
Better control of envelope slopes would be very handy when emulating certain analogue synths. I could settle for at least the decay stage having an exponential-linear option.
Spec for this beta test: Reaper 4, Core 2 Quad Q9300, 3GB RAM. RME Hammerfal 9632 balanced. Windows XP SP3.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2012, 11:31:33 AM »
Hi Raphael,

you can use the Mod Matrix source X*X and Sqrt(X) to shape the envelopes. Here is an example how the filter envelope gets shaped for more punch:

1) In the filter section set ENV to 0
2) Select Filter Env as source in Matrix slot 1
3) Select X:=Value as target in Matrix slot 1
4) Set Matrix send in slot 1 to 100
5) Select X*X as source in Matrix slot 2
6) Select Cutoff as target in Matrix slot 2
7) Set Matrx send in slot 2 to 100

fisherking

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2012, 08:34:25 PM »
i'd like to be able to hide the keyboard area... (this is my general request for ALL synth plugins LOL).
if there were a 'drawer' i could tuck that section in. for me, the novelty of seeing it wears off very quickly...
OSX 10.10 • logicX 10.0.7 • MacBook Pro 2.4 i5 • 8g ram • SSD • lots of other stuff

himalaya

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2012, 01:14:38 AM »
It appears that if the user preset folder exceeds 160 presets the pop up preset window changes from a spreadsheet like page to a vertical scrolling pane. This vertical scrolling window is a right pain the the back side. Is it possible to have the spreadsheet preset display available at all times?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 12:43:10 PM by himalaya »

himalaya

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2012, 11:13:53 PM »
I wish there was a purpose made preset saving system. At the moment if I select a folder during a 'save as' the path to that folder is remembered - as long as I use Saurus. But, should I perform another windows operation which involves 'save as', then the path in Saurus is forgotten, and instead of my chosen folder with my Saurus presets, I go to that other windows folder, which could be anything...

Please, please, let's automate this so that when I click 'save as' I always end up in my designated Saurus preset folder. This will save me having to use 'My Recent Documents' button, which is absolutely rubbish at bringing up recently accessed documents. 

himalaya

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2012, 07:47:49 PM »
The LFO needs a Ramp Down saw wave option, it has the Ramp Up saw wave only. The Ramp Down shape is crucial for some classic sounds.

Also there is a bug in the LFO wave selection: when I select the saw, the display reads 'square', and when I select 'square' the display reads 'saw'.

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2012, 08:18:15 PM »
The LFO needs a Ramp Down saw wave option, it has the Ramp Up saw wave only. The Ramp Down shape is crucial for some classic sounds.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding (long day) :) but wouldn't the LFO+- with negative value do this already?

Also there is a bug in the LFO wave selection: when I select the saw, the display reads 'square', and when I select 'square' the display reads 'saw'.

Ah, we've accidentally mixed up the text labels for those. I'll add it to the to-do list.

himalaya

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 10:48:10 PM »

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding (long day) :) but wouldn't the LFO+- with negative value do this already?

Yes it would. Thanks Bastiaan (even longer day here, hence my Doh! moment lol). I even used the negative value on a few presets. Going truly mad...

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2012, 12:55:12 PM »

;)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2012, 06:03:17 PM »
- an analog tape simulation as fx
- a knob for the Drift amount
- more stacked auto chord modes for the arp

LeVzi

• Email
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2012, 03:24:30 AM »
I am sure I spoke with Bastiaan about this somewhere and he might have given me a solution, but I cannot find it for the life of me, but anyway, if possible can the Spread (unison detune) go a little bit further than it already is. At it's maximum it's still quite melodic, normally detune amounts go beyond that, so they are quite harsh, doesn't need to go beyond painful to listen to, but a bit further than it is now would be nice.

I tried to make something happen in the matrix to lengthen it, but couldn't do it.

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2012, 01:19:48 PM »
I am sure I spoke with Bastiaan about this somewhere and he might have given me a solution, but I cannot find it for the life of me, but anyway, if possible can the Spread (unison detune) go a little bit further than it already is. At it's maximum it's still quite melodic, normally detune amounts go beyond that, so they are quite harsh, doesn't need to go beyond painful to listen to, but a bit further than it is now would be nice.

I tried to make something happen in the matrix to lengthen it, but couldn't do it.

You could use the Osc. Detune knob to get a bit much detuning happening or the ModMatrix Constant -> OSC1_fine / Osc2_fine.

What also works to introduce a bit more chaos into the unison is to use an LFO routed to the PW (the OSC set o use a saw works best here) and either slow or fast frequency settings for the LFO.

zvenx

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2012, 02:16:31 PM »
From my other thread:
Feature Request, that the PC version will have tick or hilite next to the loaded patch, just like the mac version.

Actually in general, for more consistency between PC and Mac versions with tone2 software in general (and no taking away the tick from the mac isn't the solution :-))

rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

LeVzi

• Email
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2012, 05:55:46 PM »

You could use the Osc. Detune knob to get a bit much detuning happening or the ModMatrix Constant -> OSC1_fine / Osc2_fine.

What also works to introduce a bit more chaos into the unison is to use an LFO routed to the PW (the OSC set o use a saw works best here) and either slow or fast frequency settings for the LFO.

That was it, thanks lol :)