You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Saurus feature requests  (Read 80262 times)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Saurus feature requests
« on: April 07, 2012, 10:03:55 AM »
You can request features for Saurus withing this thread.

We read and discuss every single request. Some requests will be included in future updates. Please note that there many different people with many different needs and there are technical restrictions.

zvenx

Re: Saurus feature requests
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 06:15:23 PM »
HI, I asked Bastiaan already but for completeness. I wish the Save Favourite feature and the favourite folder from ElectraX is included.

Also I wish instead of just having to rely on knobs if there was a switch to turn off the effects, would be nice for both global and individually.

thanks
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

RSJ

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 11:38:54 PM »
hey

midi learn of all controls and buttons would be nice

Modal Logic

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 12:06:31 AM »
Hi, great synth by the way :)
GREAT SOUND

1. in the modulation matrix, could you make it possible in a future update for the source matrix to have the same options as the destination matrix.
for example, to be able to modulate the pitch of osc 2 with osc 1 and vice versa, this would allow direct Frequency modulation much like the jupiter 8.
I know this is done in a similar fashion on the FA noise dial, but its a little bit confusing.
this would open a huge palette of sounds in my view.
the voice output to osc pitch ext is ok, but i would like more options available from the source menu.
i own a jupiter 8 and 6 and the synth sounds amazing because of the ability to modulate each others oscillators with pitch or audio etc..

2. Also would be nice to see basic layering like the Jupiter 8
A basic whole, split and layer mode

3. And as has been said, midi assignable controllers.

4. Envelopes seem a bit unpredictable on very short plucky sounds, i cant get constant attack values on every retrigger of the same note.
Any way of ironing this out, or am i missing something ?

5. Finally the flow of GUI could do with a few improvements in my view.

Sorry if i seem a bit over critical, but this plugin is very nearly the answer to everything for me.
So it would be nice to get it perfect and be my turn to solution for everything.
LOVE IT !
Good work Tone2 :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:10:49 AM by Modal Logic »

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 12:10:42 PM »
Feature requests by Marc Mosher:

My only notes for improvement would be to add FX params as modulation targets. Also, I’m getting some pops and clicks while changing up delay time and mix and reverb mix as a I play so perhaps you can take a look at that. I know you want to keep things simple but the “\” glide step in the sequencer would be great (I realize you can work around this a bit with Filter(X), but I LOVE that feature on ElectraX”. I’m addicted to comb filters so if you ever decide to add a filter type, I vote for that one :^)

maxdamage

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 01:19:05 AM »
I would like to second the midi learn function. Let's face it an analogue synth should use real knobs and switches. :)

Edit: Watching the video it seems that one can map midi to the controls but the manual does not explain how. any clues would be appreciated. ;)

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:22:46 AM by maxdamage »

MaxSynths

• MaxSynths
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »
+1 for MIDI learn (it's listed in the manual but not available!)

Also (copy&paste from a mail to Bastiaan): the issue with the pedal (CC#64) in mono mode is still there (playing solo lines with the sustain pedal turned on it's impossible because of a weird note stealing; this issue is not present in ElectraX or other synths, I think it's better if this can be fixed)

edit by Bastiaan: midi-learn is not listed in the manual ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:26:44 PM by Bastiaan van Noord »
PC: Intel G640 - 4GB RAM - OS: WinXP SP3 (32bit) - SOUNDCARD: ESI Wami Rack 192L @ 44.1K, 512 Samples - MIDI: MOTU Microlite / Steinberg MIDIEX8 - HOST Presonus Studio One 1.6 / eXT 1.4.1 - 2.6 / Sonar X1

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 11:59:39 AM »
Feature requests done by users:
- extend the demo version time longer than 10 minutes
- 'init all' for demo version

LeVzi

• Email
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 06:04:06 PM »
Another request from KVR about the FX params being made available in the mod matrix, and Markus someone is asking if it would be hard to implement, they were also asking about a patch browser too I think.

Also a request for more swing options for the arp, mpc style.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:08:10 PM by LeVzi »

Burkuagh

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 05:49:57 AM »
EQ like in ElectraX.  I realize there isn't a way to put in knobs without redesigning the interface but even having EQ available in the mod matrix would be very useful.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 09:32:35 AM »
There is no more space on the GUI. But i agree with you that an EQ indeed could be helpful in some cases. The only place where we could do it without messing the layout would be somewhere in the matrix.
The 'boost' button is some kind of simple EQ. If a sound sounds 'too sharp' or 'cold' to you the boost is your friend.

drmax0

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 06:47:22 PM »
Hi, first of all: Congratulations for this really well sounding synth. I demoed it in direct comparison with my old analog roland synth. Sometimes saurus even sounded more analog than my real analog one! By the way: I didn't understand the "diva"-discussion at all. Saurus sounds analog enough for me: It's the bottom line that counts.
The gui-wise reduction to the max is a great idea. But it's not perfect yet.

I would like to summarize my wishes:
- Midi learn
- Adjustable steal mode
- Global transpose knob
- Retractable keyboard: It's not needed and you get more space for additional knobs.
- Settings menu: Suggestion -> Retract the keyboard and let a settings menu appear.
- Noise knob hard to find (confusing): There should be a knob on it's own. Please do not hide it in the matrix.
- Remove licence information at the top! --> That's IMPORTANT: My personal data should not appear here,
   because I plan to make tutorials with this synth! At least hide it within the settings (see above).

MaxSynths

• MaxSynths
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 08:55:42 PM »
OSC/Filter/LFO shape parameters available for automation on Mac

A user on KVR reported the following:

I just found out that all selectors are not exposed as automation, meaning you can not assign things like waveform select, lfo shape select, filter type select

He's on Mac. I've checked and in the PC version those parameters are available.
PC: Intel G640 - 4GB RAM - OS: WinXP SP3 (32bit) - SOUNDCARD: ESI Wami Rack 192L @ 44.1K, 512 Samples - MIDI: MOTU Microlite / Steinberg MIDIEX8 - HOST Presonus Studio One 1.6 / eXT 1.4.1 - 2.6 / Sonar X1

IngoWeidner

• Internal
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 12:24:23 PM »
There is no more space on the GUI. But i agree with you that an EQ indeed could be helpful in some cases. The only place where we could do it without messing the layout would be somewhere in the matrix.
The 'boost' button is some kind of simple EQ. If a sound sounds 'too sharp' or 'cold' to you the boost is your friend.
Hi Markus,

an internal EQ FX would be great indeed. By some "research" with a Signal Analyzer i found that boosting the frequencies around 100 Hz could give some good results.
I tried to use Saurus with the Stillwell Audio VibeEQ plugin at the LowShelf (110 Hz) and the result was quite nice IMO. Maybe this could be implemented like a "Bass Boost" switch (like in Waldorf Largo). The "normal" Boost in Saurus seems to deliver a different result.

Ingo

Windows 10 64-bit - Intel Core i5-3350P (4x3.10 GHz) - 8 GB DDR3 RAM - Focusrite Saffire 24 Pro DSP - AMD Radeon HD 8570 - Cubase Pro 8.5.20 & Pro 9.0.1 - Live 9.7.1 - Studio One 3.3, Bitwig Studio 1.3.15, Pro Tools 12.5.2

MaxSynths

• MaxSynths
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 04:58:43 PM »
Swing option like in ElectraX with numeric values instead of fixed options (suggested on KVR)