You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Saurus feature requests  (Read 80318 times)

abject39

Re: Saurus feature requests
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2016, 02:40:19 PM »
Hey Markus,

Can you update the ARP to be more inline with Icarus and nemesis? Would be nice to do things such as UP/DOWN 3 octaves.

nicksohn

• Email
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2017, 02:45:38 AM »
Please make LFO rate can be set to 0!

nicksohn

• Email
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2017, 12:49:08 PM »
and hopefully, there will be an enhancement of low frequency, too!

This is very nice synth! I like it! Especially, Sound/CPU-Hit ratio is fantastic!

Dumbo

« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2018, 05:40:01 AM »
Could you please make the tooltips/values for Saurus hideable, like you did for Electra 2?
When you are finetuning values, the tooltips/value displays are very helpful, but it is an analog synthesizer simulation. Sometimes I just want to have some clean old analog fun. The user interface looks so nice, but the little square boxes are sometimes disturbing. The option to have them or not would be really great! ;)

Cheers

Dumbo

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2018, 12:04:22 PM »
Hello Dumbo,

your feature request has been implemented:

http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2593.0

Cheers!

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2018, 05:17:07 PM »
Feature request: Beeing able to hide the tooltips and the value boxes for the knobs

Willqen

• Email
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2018, 05:06:21 AM »
Hello Marcus, first ... thank you for this wonderful synth. I seriously shopped around for several weeks before deciding on this synth. It has the sound and features that clearly rank it amongst the best of the VA synths available, certainly the best for my music. I have no complaints.

I've read through a lot of your (and other's) posts here. I'm aware that the interface, or GUI, if you will, is full, no more room for any more knobs.

Considering that there are many more oscillator controls available within the modulation matrix that are not available from the interface with a knob ... is there any consideration of perhaps adding an additional page, or perhaps a partial page, so we can access the fine tuning, and/or the fine pitch parameters and perhaps some of the other "un-knobbed" parameters from the interface?

While these parameters can be accessed within a very fine modulation matrix, there are just 15 slots. And with the modulation filters available, which are just fantastic, that reduces the number of matrix slots even further.

I realize that compromises must be made, and this synth really does have a fantastic interface and modulation matrix. Perhaps adding another parameter page with more controls behind the existing one would be doable?, I don't know, but I did think it was worth asking about. Perhaps adding more modulation slots would be more workable .... ?

Again, I really love this synth. However you continue developing it, I'm sure will continue to be excellent. Your other synths are equally excellent and I'm sure there will be more acquisitions for me in the near future.

Thank you again,
Will       

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2018, 10:10:50 AM »
Hello Willqen,

Having another page for the additional parameters is a good idea. I remember Vanguard, a synth from another company where i did create the audio engine. Here you were able to switch to the backside of 'the hardware'. This solution would not break the design of the front interface.

Tip: Instead of detuning the fine pitch with the matrix separately you can also use the 'detune' knob on the gui. It automatically detunes osc1 upwards and osc2 downwards.

Best regards,
Markus
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:14:18 AM by Markus Krause »

Willqen

• Email
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2018, 11:32:12 PM »
Hello Markus, thank you for your quick reply.

The de-tune function is indeed a terrific feature. And it does make up for not having accessible knobs for fine tuning. That is one of the reasons that Saurus impressed me so much. How you prioritized the feature set to give the functionality this synth posses. Really remarkable design work. I commend you.

As is my habit, while researching prospective software purchases the best resource for me is the owners manual, which I am grateful you allow to be downloaded and studied by prospective customers. I wish more vendors would allow that as it makes me much more confident in my choice for purchase. This feature was outlined in the manual, as well as the possibilities, and parameters accessible within the modulation matrix, as well as many others. This is what made it really easy to buy this synth, and ... why I'm looking at Icarus, Electra, Nemesis, etc., etc.

I'm glad that you find the idea of a second page a good one, perhaps you may include it in a future update. I would welcome that, although I am very happy with it as it is, no doubt.

Thank you again Markus,

Will

PS: My apologies for misspelling your name in my previous post.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 11:33:49 PM by Willqen »

Burkuagh

« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2020, 11:52:54 AM »
If and when you guys do any updates on Saurus2 could you please implement double click on the mouse to reset the parameter the way it is with your other synths.  Thanks!

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2020, 09:30:37 AM »
I already built the PC binary for distribution. I might be in for 2.6 rc2 PC and 2.6 Mac.

You can also reset to default with:

- righ click -> reset to default

or

strg+left click (PC)
control+left click (Mac)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2022, 03:06:58 PM »
"Feature request:

Would it be possible to have a 10kHz and or 12kHz roll-off option? I love that low and high cuts are available but 8k is quite brutal. Thanks!"