You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Saurus feature requests  (Read 80305 times)

Examigan

• Some of my Music
Re: Saurus feature requests
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2013, 03:10:26 PM »
Sorry if I mentioned any of these before already:

I know there is the file you can put in the Saurus folder and it will hide the keyboard, but it should be made so it can be hidden with a menu, like Rayblaster does.

Plus I'd like an easier way to assign midi control to my new keyboard, without having to try and get Sonar set up a certain way.

I think also I'd mentioned before... I'd like to assign effects as targets in Mod Matrix, for all the Tone2 synths actually   ;)

Besides that, I  love Saurus!  :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 03:14:46 PM by Examigan »

dazweeks

• Email
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2013, 05:09:59 PM »
Hi guys!

A "load arp" option on the main menu would be good where you can easily scroll thru arp presets without having to use File --> Load Arp for each one.

Also a "lock arp" so you can scroll thru sound presets while having the same arp preset loaded...

thanks again for some fantastic synths and sounds...

take care
Darren

Izishtke

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2013, 10:45:33 PM »
1) FX section parameters in Matrix as destinations (rather, most important request)
2) Maybe, add poly32 / 8x Unison modes (not critical, just as the idea, as borderline acceptable option for the CPU)
3) Add Sinus form to LFO

But in general, a great tool, i like Tone2 sound nature.

Polaris Glow

• Email
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2013, 10:59:20 AM »
Hello,

Please, is it possible in next update to have a Master Tuning in HZ (like the one in Kontakt or Omnisphere) to make possible to tune Saurus with other than the standard A440 Hz
(like A432, A435, A444 and so on)?!?
At the moment I should do that in the Matrix... with Const applied to Osc Fine,
but it's not easy to set it with precision, and it works only on the current patch sound,
not a general plugin setting.

I would like also to be able to assign external CC controllers to Cutoff, Resonance and many more other parameters directly on the GUI knobs (as in Omnisphere and other synths).
On my system (Cubase 4.2, VEPRO 5 and Windows7 64bit) that doesn't work!
I make it work only through Cubase automation quick controls in the inspector, but that's not confortable...
and if transferring Saurus instance inside VEPRO, the recorded automation seems to not work anymore.

Do CC controls really not work directly on Saurus GUI or am I doing anything the wrong way?
(or my system it's the one working wrong?)

Thanks in advance! :)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2015, 12:49:02 PM »
Feature request:
A more easy to programm pitchwheel assignment for the halftones. It could be added to the config menu.

dave

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2015, 04:59:54 PM »
Feature request:
A more easy to programm pitchwheel assignment for the halftones. It could be added to the config menu.
Please see my separate post about this.

dave

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2015, 05:07:30 PM »
These are phrased as questions, in case you can already do any of this:

- Is there a way to initialize only one control or mod parameter to its default setting?

- Is there a way to revert a control to the setting it had when the current patch was loaded?

- Is there a way to compare the current state of an entire patch with its last saved state? Best would be a simple Compare toggle button, which when toggled would keep track of the current edits, but play the last saved version. Clicking it again would toggle back to the edited version. That would be great, you could compare the sound to see if you like the changes you had made or compare settings.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2015, 11:41:24 AM »
Hello Dave,

Press strg/ctrl+left mouse to initialize control to the default state. This works for all Tone2 products.

An undo/compare function is currently not included, since it has not been requested so far. However you can do a workaround if you save a new patch with a new name (temp.fxp) and load the old patch.

Best Regards

dave

« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2015, 12:10:40 PM »
Thanks Markus, I actually did know about ctrl-click, forgot about it when I was posting.

Please do consider this a vote for a compare function. All synths and effects should have this feature IMO. It was very common on hardware synths back in the day, but I haven't used a newish one for a long time. Seems easy, and super useful.

Is there some formal thing I should do to make it a "real" feature request? Is there formal voting on FRs by the community? (Sorry, I'm new here,as you can tell...)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2015, 11:58:37 AM »
Hello Dave,

this thread is the exactly the right place to do feature requests. There is nothing formal necessary. Simply write what you would like to see included to future updates.

Best Regards,
Markus

dave

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2015, 04:29:18 PM »
Since the "Pan" knob controls stereo spread in Unison mode, how hard would it be for that label to change then? It'd be a lot clearer, I see people asking why unison presets all have odd "pan" settings, when they don't really.

Take advantage of the fact that this is software, doesn't have to have fixed labels.

dave

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2015, 04:30:09 PM »
Greater visual contrast in the modulation matrix! It's harder to read than it needs to be.

dave

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2015, 04:32:44 PM »
Knob or switch or some more straight ahead way to use "normal" noise than the technique described here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=434391&p=6125741#p6125536

Naveman00

Re: Saurus feature requests (Mouse Scroll Functionality?)
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2015, 02:46:34 AM »
I am new to the forum and Saurus (AWESOME Synth by the way!) and while I have searched the Saurus 1/2 manual I cannot find a way to use the mouse "scrolling wheel" to adjust any of the parameters (knobs etc...).

Has this already been asked/answered? If not, could the ability to use the mouse wheel for coarse and fine knob adjustments be added in an update? Most programs I have used seem to require one mouse click on the desired knob, hovering over it, and then simply to (mouse) scroll up or down for "coarse" adjustment WHILST "fine" adjustment is performed by clicking the desired knob once and then holding "Control" on a PC and scroll up or down ("Command" and scroll on a MAC or so I believe, but not positive).

Sorry if a repeat question or feature request but searched the forum and manual and couldn't find any mention of it.

Thank you everyone at Tone2!

Naveman00

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2015, 02:53:38 PM »
Hello Naveman,

mousewheel = increment/decrement a knob by 10%
Shift+left mousebutton = finetune a knob
Strg/Ctrl/Apple+left mousebutton = reset a knob