You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Entering fine volume settings  (Read 2763 times)

Dumbo

Entering fine volume settings
« on: June 30, 2021, 09:30:36 PM »
Hello Markus,
I'm in the middle of mastering a project and I use Akustix in the master FX chain. I really like the musicality of the filters and the sound one can achieve with this plugin. I have one problem though: It is difficult to enter really fine changes of the main volume knob. I use a brickwall limiter after Akustix and even a very small movement of the knob makes a big difference in the volume level, when finetuning the gainstaging of the master fx. I would like to have:
a: a field where I can see the numerical value of the knobs
b: the possibility to enter minimal changes of the values, be it a field with numerical input or str + Knob for entering small changes.
c: I'd like to see the analyzer spectrum even when the plug in is bypassed so I can better see the changes the filters do with the audio.

Although I have some plugins for mastering that are much more expensive, I always come back to Akustix because of its musical sound and the well balanced EQ/filters. I think it's a much underrated tool for sound enhancement and maybe you could update it some time.

I hope you are all well,
best regards

Dumbo

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Entering fine volume settings
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 08:26:03 AM »
Hello Dumbo,

Thank you for your feedback.
I have added your suggestions to our feature-requests database. It is possible from the technical side to add this in the future.

All the best,
Markus

Dumbo

Re: Entering fine volume settings
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 10:00:42 PM »
Thank you for the fast answer! :)

Cheers

Dumbo