You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: my sugestions for Icarus 3  (Read 1016 times)

tatsyn

my sugestions for Icarus 3
« on: November 15, 2023, 10:11:05 AM »
Greetings and good morning.

My sugestions (not requests at this stage) for Icarus 3 if it's to be released.....
Not by personal order of importance, i'll add explanations:

-1    - MSEG's rate modulation (the feature i end up missing most times)
-1.1 - MSEG's other parameters modulation [start-loop-rise-delay] (wish it was possible but not as often as MSEG rate while sound designing)
- 2   - Electra 2 Shape distortions/saturations added to Icarus 3 (an extra that's probabaly a high dose of work), can be usefull but there's specialized external saturation- distortion vst's/plugins.
- 3   - More Matrix modulation slots (miss it less than MSEG's rate modulation too but more then other suggestions. As PC's will get more powerfull it could be usefull at long term as an Icarus 3 enhancement..)
- 4   - Glitch section modulation - (Miss especially and mostly the Gltch mix knob modulation so that it can be turned On/Off/anywhere in between with MSEG's, step LFO or Mod-Pitch wheels p.ex:) can also be done with speciallized external Plugins but would be nice to be able to do it within Icarus as a soud design tool.

Hope you have an excelent day!

side note - Some requests people are making like filter keyfollow modulation are usefull but are already possible doing it in the Matrix, with even more options as Icarus has multiple key modulators.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 10:29:36 AM by tatsyn »

Deepbass

Re: my sugestions for Icarus 3
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 08:46:27 AM »
I would love to see these 3 additions:

1. A second morph mode like Vital or Current have (applying a morph fx to the wavetable is too static). Both should be able to be modulated

2. Previewing the slider in the wavetable editor. It is so annoying to always have to apply it and if you don?t like the result you have to undo and try again. That workflow is so unintuitive in my opinion.

3. Please make the fx slots switchable like in Icarus 1.

...and a +1 for the Electra 2 Shape distortions/saturations mentioned by tatsyn  :)

I?m really looking forward to version 3!