You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Custom Wave Window  (Read 121 times)

Dumtek

• TONE2 is NUMBER 1
    • Papa D?m Tek -Bandcamp
    • Email
Custom Wave Window
« on: April 22, 2024, 01:46:49 PM »
In Electra 3, in the Custom wave selction pop out window, it seems i  cannot see the  bottom 2 wavs in each maxed out row. Of course it is possible to reach these hidden wavs via scrolling in the osc itself, but wondered if there was a way. I have tried different GUI sizes and two different DAWs, but to no avail.  One more thing, is it possible to import wavetables into the allotted wavetable section?

Any ideas or work arounds?
PDT

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: Custom Wave Window
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 02:35:35 PM »
I recommend that you check out Icarus3. This synth has very deep waveform and wavetable editing capabilities.
https://www.tone2.com/icarus.html

Custom Waveforms & Resynthesis in Tone2 Electra3

The Custom Wave oscillator type allows you to load user-waveforms. I also allows to resynthesize waveforms from samples which the synth automatically tunes and loops.

The PW control can be used to modulate the pulsewidth of the waveform.

The Start point control changes the start phase of the waveform. Setting it to 100% will change it to Free-running and cause the phase to be randomly changed every time a note is played.

'Custom Wave ->load Wave ' will open a standard file browser where you can load your own sample files (.wav file extension).
How the synth resynthesizes your sample depends on the size of the sample file.
File with less than 4096 samples: The synth will treat these sample files as a single cycle waveform and will automatically, stretch and loop it.
File with 4096 samples or more: The synth will automatically tune, stretch and loop the sample. It will then resynthesize a custom waveform from the middle section of the sound.

'Custom Wave ->save Wave ' exports the waveform as a sample files (.wav file extension).

'Custom Wave ->random Wave ' generates a random waveform.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 02:37:31 PM by Markus Krause »

Dumtek

• TONE2 is NUMBER 1
    • Papa D?m Tek -Bandcamp
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 08:33:43 PM »
Ya, I have the Icarus version right before the new one and I love the wavetable editor. Sadly i bought Icarus a few months before the cutoff date to get the new version. I will most likely get the new version but am strapped for cash at the moment and wife says no...lol I also own Gladiator 3.1.0, the latest Electra 3 , Saurus 4,  and Icarus 2.5.3 respectively.  Still checking out the demo versions of Nemesis and Ray Blaster as Tone2 has become my go to synths 90 percent of the time.

One question I had was regarding the patch browser which on my computer cuts off the last two entries , probably due perhaps to my shit fuck old computer and monitor.  Is there a solution? Like I said I can just scroll though them but would be nice to see as well.  The other was regarding loading wavetables and storing them in the browser like i can in Icarus.  Is this possible?
Cheers...Papa D?m Tek

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 09:06:34 AM »
A wavetable consists of 2 or up to 256 waveforms.

In Electra3 you can:
- Play back custom waveforms
- Import custom waveforms
- Play back the built-in wavetables

In Icarus you can:
- Play back custom waveforms
- Import custom waveforms
- Play back wavetables
- Import custom wavetables
- Edit wavetables

Best Regards,
Markus

Dumtek

• TONE2 is NUMBER 1
    • Papa D?m Tek -Bandcamp
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 10:09:08 PM »
Hate to be the pest from Budapest, but regarding my initial question.
 "In Electra 3, in the Custom wave selction pop out window, it seems i  cannot see the  bottom 2 wavs in each maxed out row. Of course it is possible to reach these hidden wavs via scrolling in the osc itself, but wondered if there was a way. I have tried different GUI sizes and two different DAWs, but to no avail. "

Do you think this is due to my monitor resolution? 

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2024, 08:19:54 AM »
Not sure here. We had no other user experiencing this durig the last decade.
But most likely yes. Your screen could be too tiny. Or it could be caused by your screen scaling setting in Windows. Setting this to 100% could help.

Best Regards,
Markus