You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: How do I change the skin of Saurus2?  (Read 2131 times)

BreakerFix

How do I change the skin of Saurus2?
« on: March 11, 2021, 03:47:17 PM »
I have recently purchased the Saurus2 Big Bundle. When I installed everything on one PC, the synth looks like it does on the website. Pretty much like a real hardware synth, dark(ish) with color etc. Somewhat like a photograph. Most likely thanks to Markus' artistic prowess. I love it. Now, I installed everything on another PC, both are Windows 10 Pro & configured as much the same as possible. The look of Saurus2 on the second installation is completely different. It used the white skin.

How do I change the skin on Saurus2? I couldn't find any 'change skin' setting on the plugin. I poked & clicked & right clicked every where to see if I could get a menu or scaling choice to pop up. I could not. I'm sure it's just me. I would appreciate it if someone could please tell me how to change the skin.

Thank you,

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: How do I change the skin of Saurus2?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 05:02:11 PM »
To install a skin run the skin installer. The skin is used when a file called SaurusSkin.dat (not sure about the name here) is placed next to Saurus.dll / SaurusX64.dll . If you delete the .dat file the default skin will be used.

BreakerFix

Re: How do I change the skin of Saurus2?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 07:12:43 PM »
Ohhh. That's how that works. I thought (mistakenly) that the "Install_White/Black_Skin" installers, installed the skins to a database of skins (that sounds like a Hannibal Lecture thing) & the plugin could load it from there based on user selection, then... never mind. I was WAY off on that one. After I installed the Plugin, then I ran each of the skin installers & then I installed the soundsets. 

Thank you.