You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Does anyone else besides me miss not having Aftertouch in Warlock?  (Read 2003 times)

BreakerFix

One thing I sorely miss in Warlock is the Mod Matrix. Specifically, I depend heavily on Aftertouch & NEVER use the Modwheel. I like to keep both hands on the wheel (keyboard).

Is there anyone else who would like to have Aftertouch in Warlock?

If there are others, I thought I would offer a couple of suggestions about simple ways to add AT without having to go through creating a whole Mod Matrix. I understand that adding a whole Mod Matrix section takes up a lot of room in the UI. Maybe it would be acceptable to just have some way for those who use the Modwheel to keep using it & add a simple way for Aftertouch to be included as well. This would require a minimal number of changes & little additional coding.

It could just be something as simple as a click on the word "MODWHEEL" (in the MIDI section) to toggle it to say "AFTERTOUCH" & change the function to AT & a click on "AFTERTOUCH" & change the word back to & function back to "MODWHEEL". All of the parameters that work for the ModWheel, could easily work for AT. In fact, the modwheel could always be "on" & have AT as an option to add in or not. Or the setting could say, "MODWHEEL/AFTERTOUCH" & both could always be active. It's pretty hard to use them both at the same time anyway, so it may not get in anyone's way to have them both on. I leave AT on all the time on my keyboard.

All 6 of the other Tone 2 synths have a great ModMatrix. Warlock deserves to have something like that. Even if it's very scaled down.

Thank you.

MarkS

• Email
Re: Does anyone else besides me miss not having Aftertouch in Warlock?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 02:47:54 PM »
I would like AT as a modulation input, also.

omniphonix

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 04:02:36 PM »
I agree, and it doesn't even need to be a full mod matrix. It could just be a third selector down in the MIDI section for AT assignment since Markus is trying to keep the interface simple.

chrishanke

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 04:59:53 PM »
AT Yes please !!!
me to