You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Suggestions for a hopefully future update!  (Read 3475 times)

VARIANVS

• Email
Suggestions for a hopefully future update!
« on: May 16, 2020, 04:15:13 PM »
Hello there forum members!

I hope you are allright.

I just recently had a talk on the Icarus Sub-Forum with Markus Krause and he actually explained it with the following:

"I checked it out and did some A/B comparison. The late-reflections of the Reverb-tail of UltraSpace sounds more grainy than Icarus2. This is because it has no Allpass filter to smoothen it. I can add this in a future update if there is demand." - Markus Krause

It was from this topic: https://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2791.0

Now getting this in an update would be already really nice! But now that I am all into Send channels for reverbs I just had to find out that none of the Tone2 reverb effects do have any DRY and WET knobs. There is just the MIX knob.

So if some other people stumble across here and also have some suggestions to improve those plugins, just post it here.

I really would like to see the plugins, at least Ultraspace, getting those knobs. They can be used very diversive then and even more Tone 2 plugins will be used in my productions!

Cheers

Rob

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: Suggestions for a hopefully future update!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 11:27:21 AM »
Hello Rob,

most likely there will be a free update to UltraSpace 2.0. It will come with the enhanced Reverb algorithm from Icarus2.

You can switch to 'DRY' with the 'BYPASS' button on the top left. A global DRY and WET knob has still not been requested by the users so far.

Best Regards,
Markus

VARIANVS

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 11:08:53 AM »
Thanks for your reply.

That bypass will not work for this:

https://youtu.be/SLfg4Dr-BIs?t=335

This technique only works with a completely WET signal. If there is no option for getting rid of the dry signal, the sound will become louder as the dry signal goes through 2 mixer channels.

I knew you gonna update it as posted in the other Post. Coming across this technique I hoped for a "small" addition to this update. I of course do not know how much work it is to add something like this. Sadly most good external reverbs do not seem to offer this.

It would be really cool if you guys could implement this somehow as well!

Wish you all the best.

Rob

LeVzi

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 11:20:06 AM »
I thought the mix was the dry/wet ?

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 08:21:52 AM »
Yes. The mix is dry/wet

VARIANVS

• Email
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 09:05:16 AM »
Yes it is DRY/WET in one knob which still does not work. It needs to be seperate. One Knob for how much DRY you want and one Knob for how much WET you want.

Example:
I need 0% DRY Output.
I need 100% WET output only without any DRY signal.

Anyone using FL Studio, look at FL Reverb 2 sliders on the right. You will see 3 sliders. DRY/Early/WET

Hope that clarifies it now for everyone that gets confused.  ;D