You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Possibility to get the Reverbs from Icarus as Effect Plugin?  (Read 2433 times)

VARIANVS

• Email
Hello guys!

I just wanted to ask if anyone would be interested to get those nice sounding Icarus Reverbs as standalone VST?
I realy wish I could use the Icarus Reverbs on other Synthersizers as well, because all those Reverb Plugins I have, also the other Tone 2 Effects, do not give this nice Icarus smoothness.

I realy hope this is even "easily" possible to do for the programmers. So if it is not easy, let me know. So I can burry that dream  :'(

Cheers!

Rob

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: Possibility to get the Reverbs from Icarus as Effect Plugin?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 07:57:56 AM »
Hello Rob,

i am glad that you like the reverb so much. :)

UltraSpace is the Reverb+Delay of Icarus:
https://www.tone2.com/ultraspace.html

Best Regards,
Markus

VARIANVS

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 10:12:18 AM »
Thanks for your answer.

How is it then, that even when I use Ultraspace for Icarus Synths, it just sounds completely different  ???

All Ultraspace Presets have this edgy "roomy" echo sound, to describe it somehow.
But in Icarus it is all smooth transitioning and super softly flowing.

I mean going through all the preset that should not be the case at least to some if that is what is used by Icarus right? Or can you name me one preset that is sounding like one from Icarus Synthesizer?

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 08:20:38 AM »
Hello Rob,

Is it possible that you refer to Icarus2, but not Icarus1?
I made some changes for the Reverb in Icarus2. There is an additional allpass-stage that is smoothing the reverb-tail. I sounds less grainy.

Markus

VARIANVS

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 10:45:10 PM »
That is a good question. I did not realize the upgrade to the reverb in Icarus 2.0

Overall I am referring to it since I have Icarus. So since 1.0.
Also the same goes for Gladiator, as I am on a really cool project now with only Gladiator3 and samples. The reverbs just sound so nice and combine fluidly with the synths. Ultraspace just does not give me this smooth sound. Ultraspace reverb sounds more like a tin box if you know what I mean. I can upload some examples if needed.

Cheers!

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 09:58:44 AM »
I checked it out and did some A/B comparison. The late-reflections of the Reverb-tail of UltraSpace sounds more grainy than Icarus2. This is because it has no Allpass filter to smoothen it. I can add this in a future update if there is demand. 

VARIANVS

• Email
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 03:32:35 PM »
Yeah that is what I meant! If you could update this, man you would help my reverb life a lot! I mostly use Tone 2 Synthesizers and Akustix also helps not only for the master chain, if used lightly except the analog punch, that one needs to hit hard. Tho I could not find much use of the filter FX or the Ultraspace yet, as it just is not the same as with the Synthesizers. So I wish one day I can as well use Tone 2 effect plugins more regularly!

Wish you all the best Tone 2 devs!