You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Icarus 2.0 Modwheel in FL Studio 20  (Read 1919 times)

VARIANVS

• Email
Icarus 2.0 Modwheel in FL Studio 20
« on: April 26, 2020, 01:25:12 PM »
Hello there,

I found out about this issue quite a time ago, but sadly it realy bothers all my Icarus used projects that I am "reworking" now.

Basically what happened is:

The Modwheel was reset to 0% on all my Icaruses used on all projects inside FL Studio 20+.
So I wonder if I did something wrong while updating, if it is a bug or it is just how it is and in future I need to make a "seperate" installation of Icarus. (Is this even possible?)

If I would not have old versions of my projects on my laptop I could just guess how some things sounded like. I am not even sure if other parameters changed as well.

Also I wonder if I am the only one having this issue.
Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Best regards

Rob
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 11:23:50 AM by Markus Krause »

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Icarus 2.0 Update issue
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 11:23:27 AM »
Hello Rob,

this problem has been not reported by other users.
Icarus2 is downward-compatible. All projects created with Icarus1 load with Icarus2 without any further steps necessary.

Please note that the modwheel is a Midi and not an automation-parameter. If you send a Midi-CC1 command, the modwheel will change in the synth. Make sure that you check out your FL-Studio settings for resetting midi-controllers and check out the settings of the hardware devices that you connected.   

Best Regards,
Markus

VARIANVS

• Email
Re: Icarus 2.0 Modwheel in FL Studio 20
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 11:03:51 AM »
Hi Markus,

thanks for the information. I checked my settings and could not find anything related to this.
I did not automate the modwheels in those projects though. I only put a set amount of it to change the synths sound. Also I never assigned midi to the modwheel. The Icarus 1.6 update back then did not have this issue. Maybe it is because it was renamed to Macro in v2.0?

So if it is only me having this problem I guess it is how it is. I just learn from this and will make a backup before I update a most used synthesizer the next time.

Keep going with those updates tho! Icarus finally made it able for me to create qualitative music.
Thanks for all your work guys!