You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Rayblaster2 note order setting  (Read 2325 times)

pixel

Rayblaster2 note order setting
« on: April 08, 2020, 06:48:13 PM »
Hi guys,

as a long time Electra2 user I just purchased Rayblaster2, adding another Tone2 weapon to my arsenal. So far I'm very impressed by the sound quality and the fast learning curve. That being said, the feature I'm kinda struggling to fully grasp is the arpeggiator note order setting (looking from Electra perspective) so I have couple of newbie questions.

The manual says +2 means "plays 2 notes higher". I don't hear any difference between +1 and +2 setting in my arp. experiments. Do I need to set ARP range to anything other than 'normal' to hear the effect? Also, by 'playing higher' I assume you're not referring to the note pitch right? I'm wondering whether the note order has any effect when an arpeggiator step is set to default value - the root note i.e. the dot

Also, what's the difference between 0 and +1 setting? I couldn't find any description of note order 0 in the manual so I'm wondering what this value actually means.

thanks in advance

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Rayblaster2 note order setting
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 08:30:54 AM »
Hello Pixel,

There are two rows in RayBlaster's arp.

The second one with the dots is used to chose semitones. If you want to pitch 2 semitones up select '2' in the second row.

The upper row is used to define the note sorting of chords. If you place a +1 in every slot and press a chord with three keys it will play the chord upwards. If you place a -1 in every slot it will play it downwards.
+2 will play 2 keys higher. It does only make sense if you play a chord with more than 3 keys.
0 will repeat the last key.
Auto-chords can be selected in the lowest row. Select Chord 8 or similar instead of 'Normal'.

Have a nice weekend,
Markus

pixel

Re: Rayblaster2 note order setting
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 03:41:42 PM »
Thank you very much for the explanation. I think it can be roughly compared to chord inversions e.g. when C major third consists of C, E and G while the 1st inversion of C major is E-G-C and the 2nd inversion G-E-C as the root note changes.

Finally, one more suggestion regarding the arpeggiator section in RB manual. Besides of missing description of node order option 0 there's also a bit misleading info about the swing mode. It says "you can increase the amount of swing from 0 (no swing) to 99 (full swing)."
In fact, you can choose from 5 pre-defined modes (Staight and Swing 1-4) where I guess Swing 1 means very gentle inaccuracies and Swing 4 is the full swing mode.

Have a nice weekend too!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 03:44:11 PM by pixel »