You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Icarus 2 demo-version: wavetable-editor size  (Read 3472 times)

abject39

Icarus 2 demo-version: wavetable-editor size
« on: December 20, 2019, 01:50:45 PM »
Just downloaded the demo to Icarus 2 and it looks amazing! It scales to 4k perfectly! I love it but I have found a bug in the scaling. If you put Icarus on HUGE and then select the wavetable editor the window becomes the normal size and cuts off the rest of the interface. The scaling is still fine but the window itself resizes.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 09:23:07 AM by Markus Krause »

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: Icarus 2 scaling window bug
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 11:06:36 AM »
Hello abject,

it is not a bug.
The wavetable editor is only available in the regular size: Normal.
Since not many people use it, other sizes are not supported.

Markus

abject39

Re: Icarus 2 wavetable-editor size
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 11:54:16 AM »
Sorry, maybe my post isn't clear. The bug isn't the editor window. The bug is that the plugin doesn't go back to the huge size after you close the editor window. The window stays normal cutting off the rest of the synth after you close the editor window.

Junior S

Re: Icarus 2 scaling window bug
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 03:16:43 AM »
Hello abject,

it is not a bug.
The wavetable editor is only available in the regular size: Normal.
Since not many people use it, other sizes are not supported.

Markus

I know maybe some people don't use the wavetable editor but it would be handy to get it compatible for the new generations and future machines screens big and maybe for 4k, in addition, Icarus has the best wavetable editor, so there is that too.  :)

abject39

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 06:12:04 PM »
I've created a video of the bug you can see here. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnhYfvhn4oMAvcxQxT-GPr3NlWg2sg?e=ZNFpRg

The issue only occurs in Cubase when in HiDPI mode. If HiDPI mode in Cubase is turned off the resizing happens correctly.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 09:10:51 AM »
You are running the demo-version of Icarus tried to save stuff and then reloaded a song. Please note that you can't save songs or patches with it. That's why there is 'Custom' and 'DEMOVERSION' in the file browser.

I checked out the sourcecode. This problem does only appear with the demo-version and in Cubase. It does not affect the full-version or other hosts. It appears when the GUI is set to huge in the demoversion in Cubase, the wavetable editor is opened and then closed again. I will fix it for the next update. You can ignore it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 09:30:45 AM by Markus Krause »

abject39

Re: Icarus 2 demo-version: wavetable-editor size
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 03:26:38 PM »
Great! I will purchase the upgrade now that I know it's just in the demo version.