You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Issue with 3rd party soundbank  (Read 1669 times)

carlo celuque

• Email
Issue with 3rd party soundbank
« on: December 14, 2020, 11:23:32 PM »
Hi Tone2 friends,

I have noticed that the lasts presets in some big sound bank like the Boundless Heavens doesn`t show upon in the main patch browser! It doesn`t jump to the next page!

On the Main GUI it shows on the left up corner the names but if you go to the Browser page it goes until the last preset of that page BUT doesn`t jump to the remaining three or four presets from that bank!

The cursor goes down to the GUI and you can hear the new preset but it doesn`t show up on the page!

It`s like it has reached to the end of the page and can`t go on!

Any help please?

Thank
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 09:21:34 AM by Markus Krause »

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Patch Browser Issue Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 10:13:06 AM »
Hello Carlo,

The problem does not happen with any original soundset from Tone2 or the factory patches.
The soundbank you mentioned is not a Tone2 product and not distributed by us. We are not responsible for the content. You must refer to the creator of it for a fix. It seems like the creator of it did not stick to our specification for sound-design and did not properly sort the patches to categories. Please note that every category (=subdirectory within Icarus_sounds) is allowed to contain not more than 96 sounds. There is a technical reason for this limitation: Cross-platform compatibility with the Mac and preventing a messy patch-management.

You can fix it easily for yourself:

- Go to the Icarus_sounds directory
- Create a new subdirectory like "Boundless2"
- Move some sounds (.fxp files) from Boundless to it
- Restart Icarus

Best Regards,
Markus

« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 10:16:15 AM by Markus Krause »

carlo celuque

• Email
Re: Issue with 3rd-party soundbank
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 02:32:17 PM »
Thank you!

At first I thought it was related to that third party bank but later I realize that it happened also with every bank that exceeded 96 presets per page including the original Tone2 Arpeggiated presets bank! So it wasn`t related ONLY with that Boundless Heavens bank but with every bigger than 96 presets bank! That is the point that you helped me clarify!

Thank you very much for helping me and sorry for my english which sometimes turns everything more difficult to express cleary.

Best Regards and wishing for more Icarus and Electra 2 banks!

Vielen Dank

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 02:36:29 PM by carlo celuque »