You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Tone2 should have an account system...  (Read 3968 times)

jeffb01

Tone2 should have an account system...
« on: June 24, 2019, 03:27:34 PM »
I think that in 2019, a major Synth company like Tone2 should have an account system. A place where I can log in easily and see all my Vsts and sound sets I've bought and re-download them in necessary.

I've bought a lot of stuff from Tone2 (every synth and many sound sets), and I'm dreading transferring stuff over when I switch to PC from mac later in the year (a lot of the sound sets I backed up are in .dmg format. And going through Share-it records will be a mess (they seem to create a new account every time I buy something.

I can't think of another major synth company that doesn't offer this (at least none that I own synths from). Thank you for your consideration.

Junior S

Re: Tone2 should have an account system...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 11:26:39 PM »
If this ever have place, hope Tone2 will never implement some of those "license managers", internet connection, challenge/responce or tied to machine keys/serials.

The Tone2 key file has been excellent and there is not dependency as many companies has been a big pain in that area. In case of system crash, updates of the system and more unfurtunate situations has been always really helpful to save my license key in an external hard drive or memory all is safe and I know my synths works without problems or dependencies, love Tone2 for that.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 09:44:06 AM »
Hello Jeff,

i sent you an email which contains a listing of all Tone2 products that you own.

You can download the installers for our synths here:
https://www.tone2.com/download.html

If you got questions or need a reshipment of your keys or soundsets you can also send an email to support[ at]tone2.com .  

I have noticed that you have purchased the products from several different distributors (Shareit, Best Service, etc). That's why your shareit account does not list all your purchases.

We have considered an account system in the past for several times. However we decided against it, because of these reasons:

Security: Accounts and licenses can get stolen by hackers

Security: Such a system requires php and a database or a similar web technology to be exposed in the internet. Such systems suffer from security problems. Private data like emails, names and addresses can get stolen and get sold in the internet and be used for criminal purposes

Availability: When the server is down or technical problems occur the users can not access their keys

Passwords: Users frequently forget their passwords

Best Regards,
Markus
----

Hello Junior,

we have no plans for callenge/response with tied to machine keys.
It is a solution which is not customer friendly. If someone has a new computer, a new harddisk or a new main-board these kind of keys usually do not longer work. Furthermore the software can not be activated if the server is down or the user has no internet connection.

To backup your Tone2 synths you can simply copy the t2k files to a usb-stick, external hard-drive or CD.

Best Regards,
Markus
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 06:01:25 PM by Markus Krause »

jeffb01

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 09:30:43 PM »
Hello Jeff,

i sent you an email which contains a listing of all Tone2 products that you own.

Thank you very much. Much appreciated.