Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We are working on Icarus2  (Read 308 times)
Markus Krause
Tone2.com audiosoftware
Administrator

« on: May 29, 2019, 10:06:26 AM »

We started to work on Icarus2. The synth will get a new interface with more controls visible at the same time, the sound engine will be even more powerful and we will add a massive amount of new features. Icarus2 will be 100% downwards compatible. You will be able to load all your existing songs and patches without any further steps necessary. We still got no release date, but the upgrade will be free for everyone who purchased Icarus after May. All other Icarus1 users will be able to upgrade with a very large discount.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 03:21:30 AM by Markus Krause » Logged

Junior S

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 07:07:34 PM »

This is one of the best news this year, looking forward for one of the most if not the most powerful and versatile synthesizer. Smiley
Nudgeo

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 12:27:45 AM »

how much will the update be for those that brought it before may and will a feature to use multiple arps.
still excited to hear such great news

Markus Krause
Tone2.com audiosoftware
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 03:24:48 AM »

The exact feature set is still not defined. That's why we still got no price for Icarus2. What i can say for sure is that existing Icarus1 users who do not get the upgrade for free will be able to upgrade with a very large discount.

Deepbass

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 07:45:41 AM »

Icarus is one of my most used synths so Im really excited to hear that version 2 will be coming!
Nudgeo

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 02:25:50 AM »

thank you Markus for the quick response i cant wait to see icarus 2 Grin
Bodiah22

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 02:08:54 AM »

Excited to hear more about this Smiley
MorpherX

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 03:15:44 PM »

Nice to hear that there will be an Icarus v 2 !

I have tested Icarus v 1.6 Demo and always got a metal shift and metal crisp/pops when I tried to import a sample for resynthesis as a wavetable. It doesn't matter what kind of sample it was or which lenght.
This state is not acceptable for me.

If this would be improved and the number of the many tabs would be reduced ( Maybe like as in Electra) I would buy Icarus 2.
Would it be possible to add at least one MSEG (MultiStageEnvelope) to this Icarus 2 for wavetable-scanning.

Thanks and Good Luke for Icarus 2 developement !

Markus Krause
Tone2.com audiosoftware
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 04:44:30 PM »

Hello MorpherX,

In general resynthesis is always a lossy process.
Many people say that Icarus has the best quality of resynthesis for wavetables on the market.

Make sure that you selected the resynthesis mode which is best suitable for your material. You may have to experiment a bit.

To get rid of existing artefacts and to make the sound more warm:

1) Open the wavetable editor
2) Spectrum->clean by value (warm sound)
3) Select phase->optimize phases to reduce rumble or phase->set to 0

----

Icarus 2 will have less tabs and a bigger GUI. MSEGs are planed.

Best Regards,
Markus

Junior S

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 06:52:32 PM »

That's awesome, I hope the reduction of tabs doesn't remove, reduce or limit bigger possibilities and capabilities for Icarus 2, is a conter point in some synths that although versatile, at the end are too limited. Hope Icarus 2 and future updates never ends like that.  Smiley
Markus Krause
Tone2.com audiosoftware
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 10:08:12 PM »

Icarus2 will have all features that Icarus 1.6 has + a lot more without limiting the capabilities. I think i found a very elegant solution for the user interface.  Smiley

Junior S

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 12:56:52 AM »

Nice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: