You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: A VST itself ?  (Read 3691 times)

jonetsu

• Email
A VST itself ?
« on: May 11, 2019, 06:45:37 PM »
Hello,

Can NanoHost be a VST itself and loaded in a a DAW as a VST ?

Cheers.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: A VST itself ?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 09:31:19 AM »
Hi Jonetsu,

in general this does not work.
NanoHost is host applicatiation - it is an .exe file which loads .dll files. A VST plugin is a .dll file.

But:
If you configure you midi routing in a way that your hosts emits midi data and set the midi input of NanoHost to the corresponding input it could work.

Markus

jonetsu

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 05:10:26 PM »
Hello Markus,

Thanks, I can give that a try.  The reason I'm asking is that since I run Windows plugins using an extra adapter software layer to bridge between Windows and Linux, and inter-communication between plugins cannot happen as each plugin runs in its own process space and the bridge does not carry over data messages that plugins can exchange.

So, there could be a (impossible ?) possibility that if NanoHost is used as a host working in conjunction with Bitwig Linux, that plugins loaded through NanoHost will be able to communicate between themselves.  As I write this though, I start to doubt pretty much that this would be the case. 

Cheers/Tschüß.

sl23

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 10:29:30 PM »
This was one of my feature requests too. The ability to use NanoHost as a bridge for 32/64bit vst's as well as adding support for VST3 and maybe even CLAP format.

I realise this is a lot to ask from a free app, but for these extra features, you could have a pro version. What do you think?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 10:36:57 PM by sl23 »