You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Solved: Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000  (Read 2884 times)

MrSmith

Solved: Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000
« on: April 06, 2019, 03:21:28 AM »
Thanks for the update, Markus! However, I'm still getting the same odd mousewheel behavior as described previously. As before, I need to vigorously move the mousewheel to get any response at all from the virtual knobs on the GUI, and when I do it's a large value jump. I've tried both Cubase 10.0.15 and Ableton 10.0.5. Same behavior, so the issue is not the DAW. Please kindly look further into this.

There's also a new issue where clicking between the four synths causing about a one-second long pause, which wasn't happening before. This is mildly annoying.

Regardless, I very much respect your work, as I'm very happy indeed with the sound of these instruments.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 09:57:45 AM by Markus Krause »

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: 2.7: issues old and new
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 01:16:07 PM »
Hello MrSmith,

the mousewheel behaviour that you describe is not known from any other user. We also can't reproduce it on our test systems. That's why we assume that is is a system specific problem with your mouse or mousedriver which causes compatibility problems.
There is a hidden feature how you can force Electra to have a more aggressive focus for the mousewheel:
Place a file called ElectraMouse.cfg into the ElectraX_data directory.
You can find ElectraX_data within the vstplugins directory on PC or within Libarary/Audio/Plug-Ins on the Mac.

I also recommend that you update your graphic card drivers and the mouse driver. I do also recommend that you connect another mouse to your computer.

For further diagnostics you can also try this:
- Run the standalone. Does it work here? If not the problem could be related to your host settings or caused by another plugin which is loaded at the same time
- Install Electra on another computer

Electra is a very powerful and complex synthesizer with over thousand parameters. That's why it can need up to one second to switch between the synth layers. The time needed depends on these factors: The RAM speed, the CPU speed and the speed of the graphics card.

Best Regards,
Markus
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 01:33:24 PM by Markus Krause »

Markus Krause

• Administrator
Re: Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 06:14:00 PM »
Hello MrSmith,

i further investigated your problem. It is caused by your mouse driver and does affect also other software:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-wireless-mouse-5000-scrolling-issue/779dccaa-1e37-4f6e-bd5a-8cd546edf5ad

I recommend that you purchase a new mouse.

Best Regards,
Markus

Markus Krause

• Administrator
Re: Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 09:57:25 AM »
"Hi Markus,

I found a solution! I tried another mouse, and it worked fine, but I can't give up my Wireless Mouse 5000
Here's the solution:

Download "Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center" from here: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/d/wireless-mouse-5000

You have to manually identify Cubase as a program that "[won't] scroll correctly", which is one of the settings. This will send "only full lines of scrolling" to Cubase (and plugins, apparently). Once that's done, Electra behaves normally.

In any case, thanks very much for your patience and sticking with me on this. I'm very happy now! It's a workaround sort of, but if it works, it works.

Cheers"